Chapter 14: Jelousy

I go over to Jen to tell her what the old man told me when I see she's not at our usual table. I look around and see her in a table far off to the right. She is talking with a boy about our age. He's new, I had never seen him before. She was talking to him like she talks to me. That's not fair. It took me a while for her to open up like that, and he manages to do so in just a few minutes. I see his face and notice his facial features. He doesn't look as beat up as us. His face actually has color. His eyes are a radiant blue and his hair is a vivid blond, you could tell he hasn't been here for long. I look over to Jen and see how interested she is in what he is saying.

"It looks like she's enjoying herself." I think. "Why do I feel this?" I can feel a sharp pain in my chest, harder than all the others. "Why do I feel this emotion?" I turn around to leave them alone, but with my peripheral vision I see Jen look at me, but I still walk away. After a few feet I feel someone grab my shoulder.

It's the boy sitting next to Jen. "Hey, Jen said she knows you. Come sit with us. My name is Adam." His voice has a nice tone, but it annoys me.

I can't decline the offer now. I walk with them to the table. I sit down quietly. "Seph." Jen leans over to me "He says he's been to the outside world. He's been telling me how it is." her voice is leaking excitement.

How can I compete with that? He knows all about what she loves. "Maybe he's lying." I think. I'll make him prove it. "How did you get here?" I ask.

"Beats me." He said. "My parents dropped me off here for a while, but they'll come back for me."

Of course, I knew he looked too normal. He's delusional. "Ah, I see. When you dropped off here?"

"A few hours ago." Poor guy, it still hasn't sunk in that he's going to be here forever.

"Well, can you tell me more about the outside world?" Jen is also oblivious to his situation. She's too interested in the world behind these walls to notice the pain he's going to be in. I try to join in on the conversation, but they're only looking at each other. I feel myself fading into the background. I can see he's oblivious to his situation, and when he realizes it... She'll fall for his act of dispair. I cant stop thinking of it.

I just now realized the emotion I was feeling and I have no right to it, but I still can't help it. The evil emotion with the name of "jealousy".
-----------------------------------------------------
A/N
Thank you for 1K!!!!
I love you all XD