Pt. 6: the intrest

The red-hearted decor adorned the ceiling, walls, and windows as Mar walked to the great hall for breakfast.
"Ugh, why does Valentine's day have to be so sickeningly lovey-dovey?" She groaned to Jo who was walking in step with her.
"I kinda like it! It's a change from the dark atmosphere the common room gives off." Jo said smiling at Mar as they sat down at their usual spot at the Slytherin table.
"Yeah, I suppose. The thing is that I like the vibes the common room gives off. It's powerful." Mar said as she turned to the commotion that's directed at the doors to the hall. Walking in with swift steps, with a green and silver box in his hand, was Tom. All the girls gasped hoping the gift was for them. When Tom spotted Marolette he headed in her direction and sat next to her.
"Woah-ho-ho! Who's the lucky gal?" Mar said as she looked at the neatly tied bow atop the box. He said nothing as he slid the box over to her direction and looked her in the eye. She gave him a look of uncertainty and he nodded. She could feel dozens of eyes on her as she slowly untied the bow and opened the box. Inside was a metal, black necklace with a silver snake charm. The snake was coiled around a green gem. Mar took it out of the box and looked at Tom.
"You can't be serious. How much did this cost?" She gawked at the beauty of the object. It clearly must have cost at least 20 galleons.
"Don't worry about it." He stated plainly while eyeing the way Mar stared at the metal.
"How did you know these types of things were my aesthetic?" She said while putting the lace of metal around her neck.
"I do actually listen to the types of things you rant about, you know." With that he grabbed an apple and took a bite. Mar smiled and looked at Josie who was also gawking at the chain of expensive metal.
-
"Good Morning students! I hope you all had a great day yesterday! With that said, I also hope you all did the homework that was assigned as well!" Professor Slughorn said cheerfully as the class began. Most of the students began to retrieve the roll of parchment containing the assignment given the previous day; of those included Marolette and Tom who currently sat next to each other. The rest groaned and complained they had no time to complete the assignment due to some odd amounts of obstacles. Slughorn tutted and put a hand up signaling that he no longer wished to hear the excuses. He came around the room to collect the parchments from the students who did the assignment, and smiled when he reached Tom and Marolette's table.
"Ah, my most trusted and assiduous students! You both could never let me down!" He picked up the parchment rolls and strolled back to his desk. Mar and Tom looked to each other, rolled their eyes, and chuckled knowing that the teacher liked them entirely too much.
"I wonder why he has to mention every time that we are his favorites?" Mar huffed.
"No clue, but it is kinda funny how everyone gets aggravated that they can't get the same treatment." Tom stated and coughed out a dry laugh of amusement.
"I suppose that is kinda funny." With that they focused on the lesson going on.
-
"They did not! That has to be made up!" Mar slapped the table while laughing so hard that tears were forming. Josie gasped with delight while accounting her story.
"It's not, I swear! They had to take him to the hospital wing and everything!" At this point Mar had almost fallen off the bench due to the roaring laughter erupting from her. The camaraderie they shared was something to be rivaled with. The two witches shared a bond like no other, and they truly made each other stronger.
-
Mar woke with a start; goosebumps covering her arms as she felt the cold dungeon air hitting her sweating skin. She had dreamt about him again. Wanting to clear her head she decided to go to the room of requirement. Tom had discovered the room a while ago and previously called it the "come-and-go room"; to which, Mar renamed to the former. She thought that name had fit it better.
As she carefully tip-toed out of the dorm and into the halls, she heard the footsteps of another. She quickly stepped as fast and quietly as possible in the other way and up a couple staircases. When she finally reached where the room should be she breathed a breath of relief. She passed the hall until the room appeared. Stepping into a cosy common room-type space she was caught off guard. Sitting on one of the couches was none other than Tom Riddle peacefully reading a book by the fireplace. As soon as she stepped inside his head turned in her direction and he smiled.
"Another bad dream?" He said, patting the seat next to him. She nodded and sat down. He sat the book down and looked at her. They both stared at each other for quite a while getting an ephemeral feeling of electricity every time they met each other's gaze. Mar closed her eyes and sighed as she felt a sudden daze of sleepiness wash over her much like an ocean wave. She felt safe enough to sleep, and so she did. Leaning forward and laying her head in Tom's lap, she drifted off to sleep. Tom let out a small laugh and continued reading his book while the girl slept below his chin.
——
Yo yo yo; just finished another chapter, feeling good. Please vote, save, and comment if you liked it!!