Pt. 8: the room of requirment

Mar, with a deep sigh, turned in her last assignment of the day to her transfiguration teacher.
"Free at last!" She whispered to herself as she strolled down the halls to her dorm. With the fast-approaching joy of Christmas in her heart, she made a mental note to owl her parents to ask if she could stay at Hogwarts for the break. She usually went home to the Clearwater manor, but she knew Tom didn't ever go home, so she decided to stay there. Caring for her friends was one of her greatest virtues after all.
-
The next day Mar had gotten a black and silver letter from her parents; she knew exactly what was contained in the crisp page of the parchment inside the cold envelope. The previous day she had written about staying and after opening the letter she learnt that her parents were giving benediction over her request. She hastily made her way to the Room of Requirement to wait for Tom to tell him the news.
-
Mar slumped back on the couch in the Room of Requirement in complete exhaustion. She had finally made it to Christmas break with no work to do in those weeks to follow. Just as she was about to doze off she heard the door open with a soft creak of the hinges. She whipped around to find Tom smiling at her with delight.
"What are you so happy about?" The silver-haired girl questioned with a soft, raspy voice; sleepiness laced in every word.
"Just got all my work turned in. We now have the full break to ourselves." He said, sauntering in and sitting next to Mar, leaning into the cool leather of the coal-colored couch. Mar turned to him lazily, nodded with a tired smile, and leant her head on his shoulder.
"It's gonna be so fun! I got my parents to let me stay here and everything!" Mar said, letting her mind slow and fall quietly asleep on Tom's shoulder.
——
YUHHH 2 updates pog 😎 i'm on a roll bahahah 🧍🏻‍♀️ anyways, please vote, comment, and bookmark :)