Pt. 9: the astronomy tower

When Mar awoke the next morning she found her herself lying on the couch in the Room of Requirement. She felt a warmth radiating from behind her. As she came to her senses she felt a weight on her torso. With tired eyes she looked behind her and saw none other than Tom snuggling her. Her sudden movements awoke Tom causing him to open his eyes and stare at Mar. Tom moved himself up to sitting position and continued looking at Mar.
"So," Mar said, breaking the silence.
"What do you want to do today?" Tom shrugged saying,
"Just being here with you is superfluous enough for me." Mar smiled and laughed snuggling up to Tom's torso.
-
The duo decided to make their way to the Great Hall for breakfast. Many heads snapped in their direction causing an eruption of whispers. Whispers about a rumor that had spread days prior seeing as they both had been getting increasingly distant to those around them. The rumor intailes of them getting deep into the Dark Arts and that they are both incorruptibly powerful. Tom and Mar find this incredibly empowering.
-
The pair had been inseparable all day and had ended up on the cold, cobblestone floor of the astronomy tower way past curfew. They were staring face up at the stars. The air was chilly and snow had started to fall, but they didn't care. Mar was pointing out the various constellations in a melancholy longing to be a child once more. She told Tom of how when she was just a mer 10 years old, she and her father used to stay up late and watch the stars twinkle until the sun rose. She missed the simpler times.
-
"What do you see in the Mirror of Erised, Tom?" Mar said as her warm breath created a puff of seen oxygen in the cool night air.
"Hmm?" Tom hummed with confusion.
"You know, what do you want most in life? Like, what's your grail?" Mar said full of curiosity.
"Oh, Uh... Well I wish to be the most powerful wizard in all of the wizarding world. I suppose I'd like you to be my second in command as well. That's-
that's all I really desire in life." Tom huffed and looked at the silver-haired girl in anticipation.
"That's all?" The girl started with a twinge of sorrow at the boy's words. She didn't know why, but she felt like he should have said more.
"Well, what do you want then?" He said putting a strand of her hair behind her ear.
"Uh, well, I-" with that she was cut off with a kiss from Tom. That night, on that tower, everything had changed.
——
this is the last words of the week paper i had assigned so the formats will be different from now on 🤪 (if i continue) 
if you honestly enjoy this book please comment if you want me to continue it!!