0.1

The incessant typing of keyboards had been racking against Y/N's skull all morning. The smell of coffee and stale donuts that she had once grown to look forward to at work, were doing nothing to please her, but rather upset her stomach that was currently twisting and churning. The bland cubicle that surrounded her seemed all too cluttered and suffocating at the moment.

It's grey walls and outdated form was closing in on the woman and as she stared at her computer screen, she wished for nothing more than an escape.

Staring back at her was a half-written article on the importance of Diversity within the NHL. A risky topic for someone of her status to write on, but impressive nonetheless.

TSN was a great company in the sense that they offered opportunity, but Y/N was by no means at the top of the food chain. She had only been promoted from intern to journalist within the last year of working with the network. It was actually how she had gotten her job in Dallas.

After working for two years at the Boston location following her college graduation, Y/N had finally been given an official role in the company and shipped all the way to The Lone star state.

While the woman would have loved to give the credit to her intuition and charisma, she knew that her higher employment was probably due to a few connections that she had.

Being friends with some of the NHL's star pupils did have it's perks.

As she managed to get back along her train of thought, Y/N felt a rush of nausea wash over her, before she could even process what she was doing, she launched herself from her desk chair and made a beeline towards the restroom just down the hallway and past the corner.

Pushing herself into a stall, she collapsed to her knees, getting her well-fitted denim jeans rather dusty as she pushed her head into the toilet bowl.

It would seem as though whatever she ate didn't agree with her as she found herself emptying her stomach into the basin.

Feeling a flush come to her cheeks, Y/N took a deep breath and picked herself up off the floor. She straightened out the front of her blouse- ensuring that the vertical stripes weren't creased as she stood up.

Walking over to the mirror, she brushed a couple of strands of hair out of her face.

It was textured and slightly fringed on the sides from where she was growing out the remnants of a drunken decision she had made a few months ago.

Bangs were never a good look on her.

Y/N swished her mouth out with some water in the sink before drying off and heading back to her desk. She glanced over at the woman in the cubicle next to her.

"You okay sweetcheeks?" Julia Harris. A kind woman who Y/N had grown to love. She was similar to a mentor for the young girl.

Ever since Y/N had arrived in Dallas, Julia had been her closest girl friend. They got along famously and if Y/N ever had an issue, she was the first one that was called. Other than her boyfriend- but even that was sometimes a call Y/N would rather not make.

"Oh yes- just a little ill. I'm alright though." she waved the girl off, popping an orange flavoured tic tac into her mouth.

The little minty candies had become Y/N's vice.

Whenever she was stressed, she popped a tic tac, whenever she was happy, she popped a tic tac- only in rare circumstances were they ever used for something other than relief.

Today however was one of those instances where they were actually used as mints. Y/N closed the document on the laptop and put everything into her bag. Her phone beeped and Y/N glanced over.