0.3

There was nothing worse than showing up to work and having a hangover. The aching headache and nausea that never seemed to pass were pure torture. Y/N felt like she had a permanent hangover. In the last two weeks since the party, she had found out that she was about two months along. It wasn't surprising that she didn't have a bump, but unfortunately, her morning sickness had been a pain in the ass and didn't seem to be going away anytime soon.

The coffee and donuts from the break room were calling out to the woman but every time she walked by, the smell alone was enough to send her straight to the restroom. She hated throwing up. It was disgusting and dirty. Unfortunately she would have to put up with it for the next seven months or so.

Ever since the party, Y/N had been ignoring Tyler's texts. He had reached out a handful of times but she was too bitter to respond. Katie had come over with a care package of sorts a few nights ago, filled with saltine crackers and various goodies.

It wasn't too hard to make changes to suit the baby, getting more hours of sleep was actually helping Y/N's workflow, but giving up caffeine was irritating her to the core. Every time she felt a craving for a cup of coffee or glass of wine, Y/N chewed a tic tac. Hence the scattered empty boxes in her cubicle.

"What's going on with you?" Julia asked, Peeking over the divider. "I've never seen you like this." she pushed her glasses up her nose.

Y/N sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose as she focused on her curly haired friend. "Nothing- just been super stressed with things going on outside of the office." she told her. In all honesty, she wanted to confide in someone outside of the friend group, but she didn't think she could tell Julia. No matter how much Y/N trusted her co-worker, she couldn't tell her that she was pregnant. At least not yet.

She didn't know if she was keeping the baby or not and she didn't want to risk affecting Tyler's career.

Even though they were broken up, that bastard still had a way of controlling her life.

Julia frowned softly. "Everything okay?" she asked softly.

Y/N looked up and hesitated. Finally she swallowed harshly and nodded. "Yeah- I'm fine." she reassured the woman.

After the work day was over, Y/N packed up her bag and headed out of the office- she carried her blazer over her arm as well as her purse. As she climbed into her car in the parking garage, Y/N dialed Katie's number and pressed her phone between her shoulder and her ear.

She listened to the familiar dial-tone before a sweet voice came through the line. "Hey mama, how you doing?" Katie cooed from the other side.

Y/N rolled her eyes as she closed her car door, chuckling nonetheless. "It's been two weeks and I'm already tired of that." she smiled faintly. "Are we still on for tonight?" she asked softly.

The woman on the other line nodded. "Yup- The guys are playing tonight so Jamie won't be home until late." she responded.

That was definitely a relief. Y/N wasn't ready to tell anyone. At least not until she figured out what she was doing. She knew that she probably had to talk to Tyler again before she made a decision- but he had been irritating her for months, now that she was pregnant- it was like he was a permanent pain in her side.

"Great- I'll be there soon. I'm just pulling out of work." Y/N told her friend, heading out of the city and pulling onto the highway into the suburbs.

After a stressful two weeks, there was nothing more Y/N wanted than to unwind with her girlfriends. But considering everyone else in her friend group wanted to go clubbing, hanging out with Katie on the couch felt like the safer option.