thirteen

"hey, get all your asses into the car cause we still have to pick up some more people!" kasia yelled into our house. "hi mrs. hudson." 

"hello kasia. how are you today?" 

"i'm doing well, thank you. how about you?" 

"i'm good, you know normal stuff going on. have fun on the trip today." 

"thanks mrs. hudson. they'll be back by midnight," she said. "lavender, because you are the only one ready, would you be a kind soul to make sure your brother and cousins hurry their butts up so we can leave." 

i nodded and headed up the stairs, nearly running into luna who was coming down. 

"soleil!" 

"yeah, yeah i'm coming. calm down," she said, running out of the bathroom and into her bedroom to grab some things. 

"cyrus!" i yelled up the next set of stairs. "hello?" 

"he's not here," noah said, walking slowly to the open door. "i think i heard him say something about the garage or something." 

"the garage- why?" 

"not sure." 

i walked down the two sets of stairs to the garage, where i found cyrus digging through some of our families old things. 

"what are you doing?" i said to him. 

he dropped the box he was holding, surprised by my presence. "i- u-uh, nothing," he said. 

"chill. i'm not going to tell anyone. and whatever you're doing hurry up, because we gotta go." 

"let's go." 

we headed out and loaded all the stuff up into the car. we said bye to mom before climbing into the van. 

after picking everyone up, kasia's sister, sarah, drove all of us up to the mountain where we normally go skiing. because it is early in the morning, the lines are pretty short, so we decided to head to as many runs as we could in 3 hours. 

"you ready?" wilder asked as we grabbed our stuff. 

"ready as i'll ever be," i said. 

he grabbed his snowboard while i grabbed my skis and poles. 

and yes, i'm that person who never decided to take up snowboarding. 

skiing is fun though, i love it, and that's all that matters. 

the twelve of us headed to the smaller runs first, as a warm up. it has been a while since i've been up here to be honest, so it feels good to be back. 

"hey lav?" kelly said. i turned my head to him. "race ya." 

then he was off down the hill. 

"oh you little-" i started before i chased down the hill after him. 

of course, he is excellent snowboarder and beat me down there. 

but he stopped at the bottom of the hill, and i was right behind him, so i ended up tackling him. 

"oh you dare," he said, picking up snow and shoving it onto my face. 

"yes i dare," i said, doing the same to him. 

we laughed. wilder and luna came down the hill, stopping right next to us. 

"care to help us up?" kelly asked the two. 

they reached out their arms to us and pulled us out of the snow. wilder dragged me over to the next chair lift, where ash and dominic were. 

"hey! you guys having fun?" dominic asked us. 

"of course. first time on the mountain in a while," wilder said. 

"same here. also because i get to spend with wilder," i said, looking up at him, smiling. 

he looked back down at me, pulling me closer to him. of course, me being on skis and being clumsy, i nearly fell over. 

"gross, they're being all cute again," dominic said. 

ashlyn smacked him. "oh shush. they are cute. don't listen to him, he's an ass," she said. 

the chair lift came down and swept us up, off to the top of the hill. 

"you guys wanna go on rocky road or solstice?" dominic asked. 

"solstice. rocky road is more for skiers and i've got a snowboard," wilder said. 

"i was going to say solstice as well. haven't been on that one in so long. it's always too busy," i said. 

"solstice it is then," dominic said. 

we got off the lift and immediately sped down the hill, ashlyn nearly crashing into a snowbank at the end. 

that was the rest of my day. fun and games with my best friends, a chance to relax from the stress from school and a bit of time away from reality. 

a/n 

good god this is really short and i haven't updated in almost three weeks. 

sorry

school has been a complete pain in the a double dollar signs. but now i'm on break so i can actually update for once in my life. 

this book will be finished by the end of march, i promise. there isn't many chapters left (which is sad) but stay tuned for them. 

i'm super excited to be writing stories again in addition to journalism articles for school. 

anyways, stay safe and healthy everyone :)