Jaclyn Perry/Diamond x Fem!Reader

(I don't know where this came from but I decided to write about Diamond saving the reader from Dabi burning her alive if she doesn't answer his questions? What those questions are about, you'll have to find out...

I'm going to take a break from writing more one shots on here for a bit because I actually have requests for my book "Slept On smh" on my secondary account to do. I also need to type up and publish my last request for my Avatar one shots book. Finals are inching closer and I don't want to miss studying anything important. 

Before I let you guys read Diamond saving you guys, I wanted to give my kudos and thanks for 1.7K views! I didn't expect this book to get so popular, even though Dabi is a popular character and the support means so much to me. Enjoy this until my next update! 

TW: Profanity)

This is why I became a hero

[PG-13 ENERGY]

"Really? This is what the world has succumbed to, you harassing an everyday citizen just going about their day. You are such a-frustrating bastard!"

A familiar face shone like a glimmer of hope as you were about to be Kentucky Fried Human while Dabi held a flame dangerously close to your neck with one finger. His body tensed as you bit your lip harder. You couldn't ignore being undeniably petrified of getting burned alive at any moment.

"Diamond..." You mumbled in awe. She smiled comfortingly at you before glaring angrily at Dabi. "She knows where Stain is." He barked at the unbreakable hero. "I-" You had the perfect rebuttal but it got shut down. "Shut it." Dabi interrupted you with an agitated scowl. You childishly stuck out your tongue at him and rolled your eyes.

You didn't know too-too much about Diamond herself but you knew that she was called "unbreakable" because her will to help others and bring peace was unbreakable. Even at her lowest point, Diamond persisted through her struggles. She still encouraged others to get back up from their adversity and do the right thing while striving to do that herself.

"Don't you have another mission bigger than me to finish up, princess?" Dabi smirked at her mischievously, making you roll your eyes. "Let go of her already, Dabi. She's an innocent civilian who has nothing to do with your obsession with Stain. He's been imprisoned for years now, get over it. Get a damn hobby other than idolizing the wrong person." The metal bender snarled sternly. "You're gonna have to fight me first." You let out a fast exhale as he stepped away from you and towards your potential savior.

"Please, I have a PhD in fighting you. I know all your moves." Diamond censured him, molding a piece of scrap metal into a doppelganger of Wonder Woman's Lasso of Truth. "I didn't know you like Wonder Woman..." You blurted. "I'm a fan." She replied with a grin.

Her dark brown eyes fixed on Dabi again. "I'm also gonna kick your burnt bacon ass." Diamond sassed, readying herself for a fight. "I doubt it." Dabi retorted teasingly. "Run." The pro hero lipped to you while he didn't notice, and you sprinted away for dear life before you could witness anything else.

~Time Skip because I want a break from writing so many fight scenes~

"I'd be terrified in your place...how did you get away? Actually, how did that even happen?" (Best friend name) queried curiously as you two ate a late lunch at your favorite diner the next day. "I was walking home from school and that Dabi guy yanked me into the alleyway and threatened to burn me alive if I didn't answer his questions about Stain." You answered discreetly. They nodded at why your voice was softer than normal. Not wanting to cause a scene by talking about a city-wide controversial figure made sense. "I didn't know anything about the guy that Dabi would be interested in except..." Your voice trailed off at the thought of an ominous email you got a few months ago. "Except what?" (B/F/N) asked. "I'll tell you later." You answered impulsively and took a bite out of your (diner food of choice).

"I'll just have my usual." Your cheeks flushed a bright pink at the familiar voice your ears picked up. "Ooh, someone has a cruuuush~" (B/F/N) teased playfully. "No I don't! She just saved my life, that's all." You squeaked from embarrassment. "Oh, 'she just saved me from being turned into human KFC, no big deal'. That's bullshit, (nickname). You definitely have a crush." Your cheeks flushed a darker shade of pink. Especially after you saw the pro hero wink at you out of the corner of your eye.

"Told you so." (B/F/N) remarked, but you barely heard them. Diamond just couldn't get out of your head now, and you didn't know how to feel about it.