one

4th of January

'' Back to Hogwarts.'' I mumbled as Bella and I walked into our compartment in the express.
'' At least this year it looks like the Weasleys didn't pull any prank on us.''

We looked around and under the seats for any pranking stuff before settling down.

'' Hey girls, can I sit with you?'' Blaise knocked on the door.
'' Blaise, hey, of course.''

Bella scooted over to the side and Blaise sat next to her.

'' Almost thought you weren't coming, you're always early.''
'' Sorry, I was trying to convince Draco to come sit with us but he didn't want to leave Crabbe on his own.'' he said as he put his case beneath his seat.
'' That's sweet.'' I said unfazed.

Not long after the Weasley twins walked past us and like always looked at me sideways so I just rolled my eyes at them.

The express started moving and by the window I could see us leaving the platform.

While Blaise and Bella were talking to each other about their christmas I was just listening to some music with the earphones my dad had brought me from the muggle world.

'' Those look new, did Sirius give them to you?'' Bella told me.
'' Yeah he did, everyone already has them by now but my dad only got a grip on a pair of these a few weeks ago.''
'' Do you guys have a cellphone too?'' Blaise took one out of his pocket.
'' Yeah, I still don't quite know how to work with it tho.'' Bella said as she tried to figure hers out.
'' I'll help you.'' Blaise smiled at her.

I scoffed and raised the volume so that I couldn't listen to their flirting.

HALFWAY

Bella was sleeping on Blaise's shoulder as he read a book.

'' I'm gonna go to the bathroom.'' I told Blaise and got up.

I left my compartment and headed further down towards the bathroom, and as I was walking I noticed Draco with Crabbe on one of the compartments, so I knocked and opened the door.

'' Hey Draco.''
'' Hey Violet, wanna come in?'' he cleared up some space for me to sit down.
'' I would but I have to go the bathroom, I'll be right back tho.'

He nodded and I closed the door.

I got to the bathroom and as I got there George Weasley was washing his hands, and the way he was leaning in over the sink I couldn't get into the girl's bathroom.

'' Can you move please?''

He just looked at me and kept washing his hands.

'' Well I only ask nicely once.''

I went to push him away but he stood straight up, and because he was taller than me there was no way I could push him.

'' Get out dude I literally just want to pee.'' I said annoyed.
'' You really do fit the Slytherin stereotype, geez.''

He said and moved away.

'' I know and I always get what I want, so fuck off.''

I went inside the bathroom and took a deep breath before peeing and then leaving once again for my compartment.

On my way there I stopped to have a chat with Draco like I told him I would.

I had already dated a few people back at Hogwarts but my longest crush had been on Draco, but I wasn't very affectionate at the time so no one knew other than Bella and Ron as they were my best friends, that crush eventually started to fade but it wasn't completely gone.

After talking for a while I got back to my compartment.

'' Were almost there.'' said Blaise.
'' Finally.''

I looked at Bella who was still drooling in her sleep and laughed.

'' Hey, wake up sleeping beauty.'' I shook her gently.
'' Huh? What?'' she woke up startled and looked at Blaise '' Oh hi.''

Blaise and I burst out laughing.

ARRIVAL

We arrived at Hogwarts.

As we were leaving the train we ran into Ron and Harry.

'' Hey guys.'' I said.
'' Hey Violet!'' Ron hugged me and I hugged him back.
'' How're you cousin?'' I mocked Harry.
'' Shut up.'' he laughed and hugged me as well.

The 5 of us walked together towards the castle, and when we got there we entered the Great Hall to attend the sorting ceremony of the youngsters, some of us had to part ways to go to their own tables.

Blaise and I sat next to Draco in slytherin's table, Bella went to sit on the hufflepuff's table while Ron and Harry went to gryffindor's.

Dumbledore gave his usual speech and the feast began.

I was just chatting and eating with the boys because the slytherin girls didn't like me and Professor Snape came over to the table to welcome us and pronounce Draco as this year's prefect.

After the grand feast was over I went to my dorm to organize my stuff to then head to the common room.

As I got into the common room I went to sit next to Draco, who wrapped his arm around me playfully.

'' How was christmas?'' I asked him.
'' Went home, stayed by my own.''
'' You could've come over.''

He just shook his shoulders and smiled.

'' What classes are you going to enroll in?'' he asked me.
'' Divination and Alchemy.''
'' Divination?'' he raised an eyebrow.
'' It was either that or Ancient Runes.''
'' Yeah you're right now that I think about, I'll trust you on this one then.''

I laughed.

We spent the rest of the day chatting and trying to help the new people to settle in, bring them up to date on the gossip.

I assumed this was going to be another year just like many others, studying on the week and partying on the weekends, but I had a feeling this time would be different, specially ever since I heard my dad talking to Molly Weasley about Voldemort's potential return to our lives.

I won't lie, I was a bit scared but I'm much more scared of losing others than myself, because I would never be able to live with that weight on my shoulders, and I'd give my life for anyone, even if I'm usually very stern around people I don't know, and I don't share much about myself because I've always been taught not to, and that has earned me some nicknames like 'Violent' instead of Violet, which was hurtful sometimes but I didn't let it under my skin.

After a long reception day I want back to my dorm and got some sleep to get ready for tomorrow.

TO BE CONTINUED