The Earth Kingdom

(Chapter by lemonsnail via ao3)

“The next stop shouldn’t be too far,” Varian hummed with an almost skip in his step. He looked down towards the map, checking the directions and location once more, “The Earth Kingdom, huh?”

“I heard they’re known for their farming and inventions!” Nuru beams, “Nothing like the Industrial Kingdom’s inventions but I hear they’re really good!” The girl quickly pranced up towards the freckled male.

The boy sitting on the saddle cheered, “Do you think they know anything about fireworks? I dunno if they’d enjoy lighting such explosive items out in a field of corn…”

The princess chuckled, “I doubt that, but we can always ask. We can also see if anybody knows about the trial.” The girl leaned over Varian’s shoulder, looking at the map alongside him, “It’s not too far! We should get there within a few days!”

“You’re sure excited to see pasture land, dead grass and the overwhelming sun, princess.” Hugo snickered, until the girl in question stepped her heel into the boy’s boot. All he got as an apology was a sarcastic “Whoops!” from the princess.

“Stop!” Yong whined, “You guys need to be nicer to each other!”

Nuru looked from the young boy to the older male, “I don’t need to be anything positive towards this jerk!”

Hugo groaned, “You’re the one who constantly is pushing her heel into my feet!”

“You deserve it, you liar!” The girl pointed her finger to Hugo’s chest.

The blonde’s hands were held outwards, showing his confusion, “Pray tell, what have I lied about, princess?”

“I may not know now but I’ll figure you out! Your kind are always hiding things from people!”

“Nuru!” The boy whined.

Hugo flinched, “Your kind are the people that like to kill your own people off due to you being selfish pricks! But you didn’t hear that from me!”

“Guys, guys,” Varian stood between the two’s death glares, “Let’s try to be a little nicer, okay? I know you two don’t always see eye-to-eye but I’m sure if we stayed a little positive you’d be at each other’s throats a lot less!” The man tried his best to keep peace between the two of them.

Varian really wished the group could get along, and he’s tried to keep them all together, really he has. As of lately, Nuru and Hugo have been at each other’s necks, causing Yong to get upset and get involved which led to Varian almost bursting into smithereens with fury. He wasn’t sure how much longer he could be a semi-decent peacekeeper. When he was around his friends in Corona, Rapunzel was able to keep everybody on track. How in the world was she able to keep sane with Cassandra and Eugene’s constant bickering?

“You sure, Goggles?” Hugo smirked, “I don’t think Miss Prissy-And-Proper could even stay eye to eye with me due to her being about five inches shorter than me…”

“That’s it!” Nuru ran towards the skinny lad, about to strike him down. The two pushed and pulled at each other, yelling insults to and fro. After just seconds, Yong hopped off of Prometheus, trying to pull each other away. It was a ball of screaming and yelling and it was getting to be too much for Varian.

“THAT’S IT!” The alchemist yelled. The three looked in the man’s direction, holding up each other’s limbs and hair as if they were frozen in place. Varian didn’t take a moment to breathe, “YOU’RE ALL DRIVING ME UP AND DOWN THE WALL WITH YOUR BICKERING. UNTIL WE GET TO THE EARTH KINGDOM, I DON’T WANT TO HEAR ANOTHER WORD FROM ANY OF YOU SINCE YOU HAVE ALL SHOWED ME YOU CANNOT HANDLE BEING IN A CONVERSATION WITH EACH OTHER. AM I UNDERSTOOD OR AM I GOING TO HAVE TO SPEAK OVER YOUR NONSENSICAL YELLING ONCE MORE?”