•the night before•

third-person pov
____________

"You excited for the limo, y/n/n?" Louise asked her friend as they tried new make-up ideas for the prom tomorrow night.

"Yea, it sounds pretty cool! I wonder what Mike thinks of it though? I know he's not a fan of big events." Y/n tried to explain her feelings to her friend.

"Seriously y/n/n's, you deserve way better then... Him." Louisa placed her lipstick down as she made her "ick" face.

In the back of Y/n's head, she knew she deserved better. But, Mike was the only one to give her the time of day. Mike was a very stone-faced person. He wasn't one to just say his emotions but he would say what he was feeling. He once told Y/n that the dress she was wearing looked like Oscar the grouch. Y/n never wore the dress again. He became very controlling of her and just told his opinions on her 24/7.

Y/n was nervous about prom. I mean prom was the most hyped-up thing for being in high school and you can't fuck the night up. "I still haven't seen your dress Y/n/n." Louise placed her hand on her friend's shoulder and looked into the mirror in front of Y/n.

Y/n walked over to her closet and pulled out the dress bag which contained her dream prom dress. She pulled the prom dress out of the bag and let it hang in from off her body.

"That's stunning!!" Louise exclaimed as she ran over to Y/n lifting the dress in her hands.

"Thanks. I've always dreamt of this dress since I was little and I thought when not treat myself and let me feel like a princess for a night." Y/n gazed down at the dress but not without that feeling of nerves.

What if Mike won't like it?

I'll look stupid in the dress anyway.

He'll probably tell me I look stupid.

"Y/n! Earth to Y/n!" Louise snapped her fingers in front of Y/n's face to get her out of her mind.

"Sorry, but what if I look stupid or ugly and everyone will-"

"Will you stop talking about yourself like that? You will be beautiful tomorrow no matter what! You are the hardest, hottest bitch out there! Trust me, please. Don't stress so much about tomorrow and just have fun." Louise tried to knock some sense into her friend but it was hard to get some good information into Y/n's brain.

"Fine. I'll try. Can we go get ice cream?"

"Of course. Let's go," Louise wrapped her arm around the sulking Y/n and dragged her out of the house and down the road to Mickey's.

The two walked in and Louise saw a couple of the ducks sitting in the corner, including her boyfriend, Lester Averman. No one really knows how he scored her and how he was able to get her to fall for him but he did and the couple is endlessly in love.

"Les!" Louise called over to him as his head whipped over and his face lit up at the sight of her. Louise ran over and gave him the biggest (and cutest) hug ever. It was like they haven't seen each other in years.

"Hey, Y/n!" Averman waved to Y/n as he has his arm wrapped around Louise.
Y/n quietly walked over and sat next to Louise which made her sit on the edge.