•getting ready•

Y/n turned up Louise's radio as Girls Just Wanna Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper blared through Louise's light purple room. "God, I love this song," Y/n whispered to herself as she opened a lipstick container.

The two girls were getting ready for the prom night till Louise's mom yelled from down the stairs.

"Girls, you have a guest!"

"But it's only four-thirty!" Louise ran towards her door with Y/n trailing behind her. The girls reached the bottom of the stairs to see their curly-headed friend, Marren Frank.

"Mar!" the two girls yelled at the same time as they ran towards Marren. Marren was a year older than the girls and she was already in college. "What are you doing here?" Y/n asked still trying to absorb that the actual Marren Frank was standing in front of her.

"Well, I heard it was prom and I thought I could spare a couple of days to come and hang out with my favorite babies." Marren sling her arms around the girls and started walking up the stairs.

"How did you get time off college?" Louise asked her as they walked back into Louise's trashed room thanks to makeup and shoes.

"It's spring break." Marren shoved her hands into the pockets of her jean jacket and flopped back onto Louise's bed. "I've missed looking at this ceiling." Marren blurted out as the girls flopped down next to her.

"I look at this ceiling all the time because I live here."

"I just don't look at the ceiling. That would just be weird." giggles erupted from all different sides of the bed as  Y/n sat up and pulled Marren with her.
"Hey, I was comfy."

"Whatever. I wanna show you my dress." Y/n ran over to Louise's bathroom and closed the door.

"Her dress is incredible," Louise whispered into Marren's ear right before the door was opened to a beautiful Y/n.

"Woah, " Louise and Marren said at the same time as their mouth dropped at the sight of Y/n. "Whoever is taking you is lucky!" Marren stood up and walked over to her friend.

"Do a spin, "

"Mar, what?"

"I said do a spin!" Y/n turned around a couple of times and the bottom of her dress flared out. "Stunning, alrighty Lou, your turn." Marren bossed around the girls like dogs.

"Fine, " Louise sulked into the bathroom and put on her dress.
She walked out in a velvet black dress that barely touched the floor. She did a couple of turns and gave them a pose.

"Hot!" both girls said in sync as they ran up to their friend and started doing their victory dance.

"My babies are going to prom!" Marren yelled as all three jumped up and down. "I'm so happy!" Louise squealed as she spun around and flopped down onto her bed.

"Alright, Y/n, who are you going with?" Marren asked as she grabbed Louise's hands and started to inspect them. It's something they've done since they were young, don't ask.

"Umm,"

"The ass bag she's still dating."

"Louise!"

"Someone had to say it!" Marren turned her head towards Y/n and she furrowed her eyebrows.

"You're still going out with him? I told you to dump him!" Marren scolded Y/n for dating that... fucker.

"I know! I tried but then he started doing his thing where-"

"He acts all sweet and apologizes for being a dick and says he'll never do it again, but it's lies every single fucking time Y/n!" Marren stood and grabbed Y/n's shoulder.

"Ugh, I know! I'm sorry! I just can't get rid of him!" Y/n was completely lost.
Of course, she had tried breaking up with him! Multiple times even! He just will turn into a whole different person and put on a fake face. It's truly disgusting.

A very light knock was heard on the door. Louise gave a just as soft 'come in' knowing who it was. "Your knights in shining armor are here ladies." Mrs. Mario told the girls as she smiled brightly.

Here we go. Y/n thought to herself as she grabbed her jacket and purse.
Louise ran down the stairs and ran into Averman's arms and kissed him. Marren makes a fake puking sound as Y/n could only be jealous at the sight.

"Hey, Marren!" Averman waves to her as he out Louise down but still kept hold of her arm.

"Where's Mike?" Y/n asked Averman as he sighed.

"He's in the car." Y/n gave a hug to Marren and ran out to the car. Marren followed her out but stayed on the porch wanting to keep her distance.
Y/n was a little surprised to see Averman's busted-up truck but she was okay with the little switch. She wouldn't have minded the link though.

"Hey, Mike!" She exclaimed as she hopped into the truck. She kissed his cheek but only to get a grumble in response. He placed his hand on her thigh and looked out the window.

First sign.

Y/n leaned back in her seat and held onto her purse as she saw Marren leaning against a pole on the porch.

Louise and Averman soon got into the car and started driving down the road. The two up front were very talkative while when Y/n would try to make conversation with Mike he would just squeeze her thigh or grumble.

They arrived at Eden Hall and parked by the gymnasium. Averman had opened the door for Louise and Y/n was hoping that maybe Mike would do the same but he just walked away leaving Y/n having to open the door for herself. She caught up to them and tried to reach for Mike's hand but he just pulled his hand away from hers.

Second sign.

The two couples walked into the entrance and gave their coats to the freshman who was giving everyone tickets for a raffle and taking their coats and bags for them. You could hear the loud blazing music and it was quite obnoxious honestly.

The doors were opened and let's just say, Time for the shit show to begin.

______________________________
eeeeee
i'm so excited
it's almost 3 am i need sleep
i'm literally so excited to start writing these next chapters AH

<3