◛: six

dear jung wooyoung,

i can't believe it.

kim bomi asked you to the dance this weekend.

and you said yes.

i was there when it happened. you were leaning against the wall in front of her classroom, and she came out of her classroom with a poster and balloons. she proposed to you confidently, which i applaud her for. i could tell that you were surprised since your eyes slightly widened and your mouth opened a little at the sight, but you pushed those feelings aside quickly and accepted her proposal.

if i'm going to be honest here, seeing you accept her proposal stung. my heart was hurting so much, but like always, i am always concealing my feelings with my blank expression.

although that did damage to me, it did not do as much as it did to mingi.

mingi was hurt... a lot.

we were actually waiting outside her classroom a couple feet away from you because he was actually planning to ask her to the dance today. he decided a while ago that he would step out of his comfort zone and make a move, but after that...

he was standing right by me when it happened, and he immediately ran the opposite direction from you guys after you accepted her offer. i immediately chased after him and found him at the stairs, crying into his knees. beside him was all the things for his proposal pitifully lying on the hallway floor.

poor guy.

it was heartbreaking to see.

i helped him plan his whole proposal out: the poster, the flowers, the words he would say to bomi. we spent weeks prior to this for preparations... and all of that went to waste.

i sat next to him on the stairs, patting his back as a way of comfort. i didn't say a single word to him, as only doing so would only cause me to burst into tears. although i was in pain, i needed to be there for my friend.

two lovesick friends.

oh how it has a horrible ring to it.

with lots of love and lots of pain,

chung yuna