Chapter IV

"You will never replace the one's I have lost

"You will never replace the one's I have lost."

– Sakura Uraraka

~0o0~

THE FOURTH BIRTHDAY was special in this world. It was the deciding factor of whether you would receive a quirk or not. If you would receive a supernatural ability of some sort, or if you were plain, powerlessnormal.

Majority of the world's population received their quirk on the exact dot on their fourth birthday: a few received their quirk's earlier—or they had a mutant quirk— and other's were late bloomer's. Receiving a quirk later than the expected. And then there was the quirkless, a small percentage—only 20% of the world's population did not have quirk's.

Sakura, and Inner Sakura, had found this all to be intruiging. After all, such phenomenon wasn't present in their old life—their old world. Everyone had Chakra, whether they were civilians or not—everyone had some resemblance to an energy inside of them.

Here, it was not the case.

You either had something, or you don't. End of discussion.

Haruno had relentlessly begged Outer to go to the library. To retrieve any sort of information about quirk's. In reality, there was no need to know the concept of quirk's; Sakura wasn't even guaranteed if she'd receive one herself.

However if there was one defining trait that Sakura had, it was her thirst for knowledge. Both Inner and Outer Sakura, loved learning. It was what made them compatible for learning Iryo-ninjutsu—becoming a medic revolved around having great knowledge about not just the biological body, but the mind as well. How chakra works and how you could weaponise it to heal or to destroy.

Sakura had flourished under Tsunade Senju for a reason. If she did not have the intellect to understand what was going on, she would have never been able to pull of any of her abilities—ranging from the Chakra enhanced strength and to figuring out how to create an antidote for a poison under minutes.

She'd admit, being best friends with the Yamanaka Clan heiress had it's great benefits. Not only did she learn the language of the flower's—which did have great uses for espionage and infiltration—she also had great knowledge about the mind and how it ticks because of Ino Yamanaka.

Sakura does have a wealth of knowledge, and it would only continue to grow.

(Deep down, Haruno was bitter, knowing that she could've accomplished more if it weren't for her love for Sasuke Uchiha limiting her capabilities. Damn, she hated Uchihas.)

And so, Sakura caved into her Inner's demand.

And then Sakura took the time to beg her father to take her to the library.