1.0 - a lil extra

7 YEARS LATER - WEDDING DAY

"what if he doesn't show up?" i ask and sarah rolls her eyes at me, again.

"he will."

"okay say he does, what if he sees me and walks off?"

"he'll walk right back."

"sarah" scowls.

"ella." she scowls right back at me.

"are you hot? i'm hot, do we have a fan? air conditioning? it's like summer 2018 all over again." i panic, feeling the beads of sweat getting heavier the more i seem to panic.

"el, we're in greece of course we're hot. now put the fucking dress on and shut up." she shoves the bag against my chest and huffs out a sigh.

"wow, mama is angry." i mutter, opening the bag a little but i feel my body relax at the sight of the dress. i didn't want anything too heavy because even though it's not in the peak of the heat it's still warm so i picked out a simple dress. it has spaghetti straps than bles into the lace detail of the v neck neckline, not a lot of cleavage showing but it emphasises the little i do have, i'm not that blessed in that department so i will take all the help i can get. i toyed with the idea of mermaid style for so long but being in this heat and my nerves adding to my body temperature i'm glad i decided against it and went with the thinly layered mesh and tulle flowed out bottom half, which despite the layers allows a breeze.

"i'm pregnant and it's hot, i'm just a little oversensing everything. put the dress on el, we're going to be late to your own wedding."

"you're really popping kids out like a vending machine huh." i mutter while walking to the dressing table and carefully pulling my top over my newly done hair, which is loosely curled. my long blonde hair became a thing of the past a few years ago and now sits just above my shoulders.

"yeah, when your brother told me on our first date that he wanted a big family, should have been a red flag" she rolls her eyes but the smile on her face tells me a different story, and i know how much she adores them "after this, i'm done. no more."

"well 4 in 4 years? i'm not surprised".

4 in 4 years still blows my mind but i'm not all that surprised as twins do run in the family. it was 3 years into their relationship that she fell pregnant with charlie and archie, and then after a year she fell pregnant with daphne who is now walking and i am just obsessed with her and now, almost 2 years later, she's pregnant again and i admire her a lot, she isn't one to complain either she just eats a lot and can be snappy. they have given me the most gorgeous niece and nephews.

"i will never miss being pregnant."

i smile at her in the reflection of the mirror, i love sarah, but pregnant sarah scares me a little.

"come on, let's get tiny little you into your dress and marry the man of your dreams."

i'm getting married. okay cool.

~~~

"what if i spill ketchup on my dress and he hates me for it?" i whisper to matt as we make our way through my hotel.

"then that's on you for having chicken nuggets at your wedding." he responds, shrugging his shoulders. he looks over to sarah and smiles fondly. "has she been like this all morning?"

the chicken nuggets are for the kids but he knows i'll be eating them too.

"for 24 hours, maybe all week actually."

"i hate you both, i'm terrified over here and you're laughing at me." i pout stopping in my step and sitting on the bench by the reception desk. i hear matt sigh and take a seat next to me.