Chapter Eight: Deception

The guards kept their tight grip on Armin, forcing him to stand still and not move a lot

The guards kept their tight grip on Armin, forcing him to stand still and not move a lot. Kyraila on the other hand, she was now kneeling in front of the King, a guard had his rough hand on her shoulder keeping her down.

"I should strike you both where you stand," the King spat in anger, his beady eyes flicked between the lovers. "But tis too swift of justice for my liking," he grumbled, rolling his eyes at them. As the King was one to drag out his punishment towards his subjects and that went for the Queen and his once loyal knight.

"Do what you must to me. But leave her be," Armin was brave in his comment, true as a gentleman and as a knight.

"I will do what I please to my wife," Edward expressed as he was poking a bear at this point, as he was making it very clear to Armin. Armin rumbles with the grip of the guards, struggling against their holds but they hold on for dear life. "But alas there is more than eyes meet," the King comes forward and looks down at his Wife, placing an index and middle finger under her chin. Holding that smug, all knowing look. Before dragging his fingers out from under her as Kyraila didn't break under his glare. "Bring it," Edward snapped his fingers together as he spoke, as a guard from behind rushed off and within seconds was back - holding a white piece of lengthy cloth, that was clearly wrapped around something big.

"What is that?" Armin questioned, holding that bitterness in his tone for his King.

"This, my Knight," Edward began grabbing the heavy object into his hand and turned back around to Armin. "Tis a book of sorcery," the King unwrapped the cloth and sat in his palms as a Grimoire - Kyraila's Grimoire. The book was huge, its thin crisp pages already looked worn, but throughout the book were clean parchment meaning she had been adding too it recently. On the front of the cover was a pentagram within a circle, in the corners of the book were metal book corners, just to give it some flare as well as pointed arrows heading across the cover. These were also decorative pieces.

"Where did you find that?" Kyraila's voice was cautioned, as she was keeping her emotions in check.

"In thy chamber," The King announced, making Kyraila sigh as she knew she shouldn't have left it in her own chamber. Armin's gaze flicked hastily between the King and Kyraila, not really knowing what was happening, and the King could tell by the confusion on Armin's face. "She has you bewitched, my most loyal soldier just turns without reason... She is a sorceress," King Edward's gaze twisted to Kyraila - who dipped her head to the ground ashamed of the discovery that Armin had to find out this way. But her head didn't stay low for long, as she raised her gaze to meet her Husband.