𝟬𝟬𝟭

█████████████████████████

( 001. L'APPEL DU VIDE )

█████████████████████████

✧゚・:┊"MAYA-CHAN!"

Sang her mother as she flung open the curtains, letting dull shafts of light in. The girl sleeping on the bed curled into a ball and inwardly groaned, pulling the duvet over her head.

"Mom," she yelled into her mother's head using her special ability, making the older woman flinch, "it's five in the morning!"

"Yes, I know!" said her mother, her eyes twinkling like a little kid's. "We have to start getting ready!"

Her daughter groaned, pulling her duvet as close as possible, only to be ripped away by her over-excited mother. "Honey, get up, today's the day!"

Maya was just about to come up with a snarky comment but decided against it, since it was her mother's special day. Ignoring her mother, she hobbled to the bathroom, getting ready.

Today, Maya brushed her teeth extra harder so that they were as shiny as pearls, she combed her hair till it lacked knots and even put on some make-up although she almost never put it. Now she just had to do her hair— she had learned how to do a simple flower crown on her own when she was twelve. With her hair done, she stepped back to look at herself in the full-length mirror.

She donned a pretty blue dress, a big bow at her waist a bit to the left and tied at the back. The heels she would soon wear were milky white, a complicated design and Maya had to admit it would take some time for her to wear them. Her hair were braided like a flower crown, tiny, white flowers poking out of her dark hair. The dress wasn't much pretty, it was like any bridesmaid's dress. But what Maya was really looking forward to was seeing what her mother would look like in her wedding dress.

"Do you, Hisoki, take Kaono as your wife?"

Maya watched with a smile as her mother's face brightened as she held her husband's hands as they said their vows. She looked beautiful, with a white dress that hugged her figure and intricate designs adorning the dress. Her mother's grin widened, when Hisoki said the words, "I love you,"— so much Maya thought her mother would combust out of total and utter happiness.

It almost made her envious.

She watched, dazed, as her mother repeated the same words her lover had said. They kissed. Everyone cheered. Maya clapped alongside her sisters, a grin forcing its way to her glossed lips.