𝟬𝟭𝟲

█████████████████████████

( 016. TRAGEDIES )

█████████████████████████

✧゚・:┊MAYA'S EYES WERE FIXED BEYOND THE WINDOWS, OBSERVING THE RAIN AS IT THREW ITSELF AGAINST THE WINDOW OF HER BEDROOM.

It seemed like the perfect time to go out and get wet till water was  coursing through her veins instead of blood. She had been thinking of asking Dazai to join her, but did otherwise, choosing to go outside alone.

The rain was much heavier when she felt it on her skin than when she saw it fall to the ground from her room. It was cold too and she shivered when a harsh breeze flowed by at a slow pace. She had no raincoat nor did she have an umbrella, enjoying the cold unlike the people who were fleeing from it.

By now, she was at the Armed Detective Agency, her curiousity on if Dazai was there or not over-powering her want to stay in the rain. She slowly trudged uo the stairs, her sneakers squeaking with moisture under her feet. She shivered every now and then and brushed some sticky and wet hair from her hair that were sticking out in any and all directions.

She rapped her knuckles against the door, waiting patiently for someone to open it, hopelessly hoping that it was Dazai who swung that door open. But alas, a fantasy was only a fantasy and Atsushi stood in front of her after opening the door with a confused look on his face.

"Amaya-san? What're you doing here?"

"I got wet in the rain and this was the place closest to me so I came here," she lied smoothly.

And within five minutes, she was bundled up in a warm towel with a mug of hot chocolate. It was nice and all, but Dazai wasn't here and from the look Kunikida had on his face, it looked like Dazai had ditched his work (like always) and left the bespecticled man with the task of writing his share of reports.

"Atsushi-kun!" He burst in through the front door, startling no one but the mentioned boy with the his boisterous tone.

"I have brought daifuku and..."

Dazai trailed off when his eyes landed on Maya who was looking at him with amusement. She was wrapped in a towel and her hair were wet, sticking to her face and the back of her neck. Her clothes were wet too and she was sitting on the couch he usually lazed around on. His attention shifted from Atsushi to Maya and he rushed towards her, gushing about he went downtown and bought sweets, leaving the rest in the office wonder why he seemed more excited that ever; so much so that it was radiating off him.

Maya lazily smiled as he told her about how nice the old lady from the store was like a little child, brown eyes filled with excitement.

"Anyways, what are you doing here?"

Maya shrugged. She didn't want to tell him the lie she told Atsushi because he would be able to tell that she was lying but she didn't want to tell him that she just came here to see him either.

Dazai pouted, but let it slide. Instead of asking more questions about it, he went down on one knee and held her bruised hand in his. For a second, Maya thought he was proposing but that thought was subdued when he asked, "Will you do double suicide with me?"

Maya raised an eyebrow, "And you are asking this again because?"

Dazai grinned, "Because I know if I do it alone you will be very sad,"

Maya turned red, leaving the others to witness it as their conversation had turned heads.

"And I also—"

He was cut short when Kunikida smacked him in the back of the head, scolding him. "You idiot, if you're done flirting, get back to work!"

Dazai gave him an annoyed look, "But I'm not done flirting, Kunikida-kun!"

This only made Maya turn red from embarrassment. By the time she got a grasp of things, she was already back on her way home, out in the rain, wishing that she had finished the hot chocolate before slipping away from their bickering.

"Maya-chan!"

The rain was thick and the air was moist. She didn't hear the first time, so he called again, "Maya-chan!"

She turned this time, waiting for Dazai to catch up and then began walking again.

"I thought you had to do your job," she said.

Dazai smiled broadly, "I ran away,"

She silently chuckled, shivering in the cold. Dazai, being careless at the time, had forgotten to take the umbrella and was now suffering the product of his actions. Maya too, he had noticed, was shivering as much as him.

"So why are you really out?"

"I like the rain,"

Dazai hummed, turned and dragging her alongside him to stand under the small roof a bus-stop.

"Well, you might like the rain, but I think both of us are going to get sick,"

Maya snickered, "I almost never get sick. I guess I've been playing in the rain so long that I'm practically immune now. I've always liked bad weather,"

And she liked Dazai too. Bad weather was a tragedy for most, Dazai— who had been chosen for the damned— had tradedy running through his veins. Maybe she just had a thing for the tragedies.

"That dance you invited me to," began Dazai, disgruntled because of the overwhelming cold, "you forgot to tell me where and when it is held,"

Her cheeks were dusted with a rosy shade as she spoke, "It's starting at 6pm at Shimezuka college. It's like a ball of sorts, really, so wear formal stuff... or something."

Dazai chuckled, "Yeah. I'll be there. Do you want me pick you up?"

Maya nodded.

█████████████████████████

Shit shit shit shit shit shit shit

SHIT. SHIT, I TELL YOU.