𝟬𝟮𝟬

█████████████████████████

( 020. 2 MONTHS, 3 WEEKS, 6 DAYS )

█████████████████████████

✧・゚:┊2 MONTHS, 3 WEEKS, 6 DAYS.

That's how long she had been comatose. He had been counting, striking off the days till she'd wake up. Till he could buy her ice-cream again and till she could ramble on without any intention of stopping and till he could kiss her again.

The scene of her pressed under debris was, luckily, fogged by distant memory, and he never let himself wander around that box in which he had locked all his problems and insecurities and loathing and the death of people he loved. And if he ever let himself wander there, he remembered that she was almost dead when he found her. Breathing, but her pulse was slow and weak, almost making him question its existence in the first place. Dust had covered every visible inch of her body, and she was bleeding in numerous places. Her dress was torn to pieces, gashes on her legs bleeding blood that tainted whatever was left of her dress.

She was alive, but already alseep when he found her. She wasn't dead, but as good as a dead person.

And today was the day he would visit her, like every Sunday.

・゚: ゚・:  :・゚:・゚

Her family couldn't sit still when they got a call from the hospital.

Was she dead? Did something happen? Did someone pull the plug?

No.

She had woken up.

The family of three hurried to her room, the room they had visited so many times to see her asleep, but when they opened the door, she was, undoubtedly, awake.

As awake as anyone could be.

The three women engulfed her in a hug, and Maya worried she would be asleep again and forever if they squeezed the air out of her.

Her mother was almost in tears, letting go the last.

They all sat at the edge of her bed, smiling as wide as their lips would go. Maya smiled too.

She was happy that her family was here, that she was alive. But she didn't know how to converse properly with them when she had just killed a man. Killed. And it was lights out for him. Done and done. Gone. She couldn't believe she did that.