𝟬𝟬𝟵

█████████████████████████

( 009. FEVER DREAM )

█████████████████████████

✧・゚:┊SHE TUGGED ON HIS SLEEVE.

"Hm?"

"I'm not feeling that great today,"

He looked at her fully now, "What's wrong?"

"Just feeling a bit ill, that's all."

He extended a hand to press against her forehead, noticing her tense at his touch but decided against mentioning it. She was a bit warm. He straightened and put his hands in the pockets of his sand-colored trench coat. "Very well, then. I'll walk you home,"

She flailed her arms around, her ears reddening, "N-No, it's okay, I can walk home on my own. It's not that far,"

His brows jumped up and he slowly said, "Okay, be safe."

But she was already gone by then.

・゚: ゚・:  :・゚:・゚

"Hey," said Anzu and Akira in unison once Maya walked in and slammed the door shut. The two had just returned from their part-time jobs. "How was your day..." Akira trailed off when she saw Maya stomp her way upstairs and slam the door to her room shut. The girls looked at each other. Then, after Anzu kept the slice of bread and knife coated with peanut butter down and Akira kept her phone down, the two went up. When they were inside her room, they saw their little sister inside a bundle of blankets. They sat on the edge of her bed.

Maya snuggled closer to her blankets when she felt two places on her bed dip.

"Maya-chan, what's wrong?" asked Anzu, stroking her dark hair.

The girl shook her head and took the covers over her head, sinking further into the bed. She wanted them to go away. It was unfair, really, how they were allowed to keep to themselves when they felt low and she wasn't. They still treated her like the baby of the family, even though she was almost eighteen now.

"Just go away," she said, her voice low in their head, sending chills down their spine. The two reluctantly got up and left, leaving Maya to herself and herself.

She sighed under the covers and shifted her position to sleep on her left side, her hand under the pillow.

She had a fever; she was sure by the way she felt hot and uncomfortable. No matter, she thought, I'll just sleep it off.