Chapter 9: A Little Heart to Heart

(Y/N) POV

I had made it through the last few rounds of the tournament, naturally making use of my cassette trio.

(Y/N): The singles rounds are just ahead, I need to remember to keep my composure.

Ruby: Hey (Y/N)!

(Y/N): Yahh!

In the span of about 0.38 seconds I had done a 180 and got my cannon onto my arm, aiming it at Ruby. After I got my bearings back I said

(Y/N): Jeez Ruby, learn to knock.

Ruby: I mean, the door was open...

Part of me wanted to call her a smartass, but the cute aura surrounding her made that impossible.

(Y/N): *Sigh* So what's up?

Ruby: Nothing, just wanted to ask if you wanted to go to Vale with me?

(Y/N): Why not.

Vale

I decided to treat Ruby to some cookies because fuck it. Now, we were sitting on a bench, enjoying our cookies.

Ruby: Hey (Y/N)...

(Y/N): Yeah, Ruby?

Ruby: I... um...

(Y/N): Ruby, I've had a year to warm up to you, whatever you tell me won't make a difference.

Ruby: So... remember just after I told you I loved you...?

(Y/N): *Nervously* Yeah...

Ruby: I... I... I wasn't unconscious...

My heart sank into my stomach.

(Y/N): You weren't... What.

Ruby: I... I heard what you were doing w-with Blake and Weiss... a-and Yang... and I was too embarrassed to do anything...

With every word Ruby spoke my blood ran more and more cold, to the point I thought I might freeze.

Ruby: I didn't even know people could make those noises...

(Y/N): Ruby. Have you told anybody other than me?

Ruby: Nope... You're the first one I've told...

I opened my mouth to say something, but images of what Yang might do to me flashed by in my head. I started feeling light headed.

(Y/N): Oh... Oh shit...

I was unable to stop myself from passing out.

Later

I woke up in my bed, with Ruby laying on top of me.

(Y/N): She must've exhausted herself.

(A/N: nOT LIKE THAT NOT LIKE THAT NOT LIKE THAT)

Even though we still had all of our casual clothes on, I decided the best option would be to just let her sleep, along with sleeping myself.

The Next Morning

I groggily stirred awake, yawning. As I tried to lean up, I realized Ruby was on my chest. A mere few seconds later, I realized Yang was leaning next to my doorway, her eyes a blood crimson.

Yang: You better start talking.

(Y/N): Nothing happened, alright. Ruby and I went to Vale, I passed out, and Ruby passed out on top of me after bringing me back. I didn't do anything to her. If I wanted to, I would've done it after you had entered your ecstasy coma.