1- the past and the present.

Derry maine,

not the most glamorus of town but it seems alright.

despite the fact that there is obvioously a raging psychopath on the loose killing kids.

but, every town has it's flaws i suppose.

I won't lie, I miss my mother, I wish she was still around. Even if she didn't do much or stand up to my father, I wish i had someone to talk to at times like this.
I have a hard time making friends, so I've never been able to talk to anybody.

And i would never open up my feelings to my father.

My father, the ex-cop. Not the nicest of people i'll admit, my scars and bruises will account to that- but there is nothing i can ever do about it. Butt i f i just keep my head down and shut up, i'll usually be okay.

Our new house was on the outskirts of Derry, just a mile away from the Bower's place.

Where Butch Bowers (My dad's childhood best friend) and his delightful son Henry live.

Henry is on odd charcter, he never sees the good in things- always fighting, always name calling.

I suppose he gets it from his father.

That's the one thing my and henry have in common, we both don't have mothers anymore. Well, his is still alive but he doesn't know where she is- she left his father when he eventually tried to kill her. And we both have abusive fathers, it's not necicarilly a good coincidance, and Henry only told me this when we were young an di basically forced him to.

I am not looking forward to seeing him in school, even more so at dinner tonight.

Dinner! I totally forgot!

That was the last thing i wrote in my diary before i snapped it shut and stuffed it under my pillow, I raced to thee closet and put on some clean clothes, a pair of light blue shorts, a black vest and a camouflage shirt over the top, as my father didn't mind shoes in the house i put on my black high-top converse.

I slammed my bedroom door and rushed down stairs, i was glad my father wasn't home yet other wise a beating would occur for me slamming my door. All of our stuff had already bbasically been unpacked so all the cookware was already assembled (By me) in the kitchen.

I ran into the kitchen and hurriedly looked around, My eyes fell on the clock, 5:02, The bowers were meant to be coming over with my father at half six, yes i had more than an hour, but with nothing but a pot of baking soda in the fridge and a couple (Hundred) beers, Sure they could probably just survive on the beers, my dad basically did but i decide that the smart thing to do wwould be to go to the store. fast.

I grabbed some money from out of the grocery money jar from the kitchen and ran outside and hopped on my bike, peddiling as fasst as i could, The town of derry was two miles away, i was sure i could make it there and back in time if i cycled fast, and barred all interuptions.

"One mile down..." I said undermybreath, my chest heaving, as i cycle through the metal tunnel before the kissing bridge.

I felt my pocket to see if the money was still there, it was and so i pushed on forward, the wind blowing my face and making my hair fly behind me.