6- first day/ a long awaited reunion

I bolted out of bed quickly, I couldn't wait for my first day to start, though I'll admit- I was nervous beyond belief. If I hadn't met Beverly yesterday, I probably would be debating going in at all, but I had so at least I had somebody to hang around with and wouldn't be a total loner.

'Unless Beverly ditches you...' the voice in the back of my head says.

I shake it off though, today was not a day for bad thoughts.

I headed over to my clothes and put them on as quickly as I could manage.

I went into the bathroom and combed my hair into its usual look.

"Come on l/n! You can do this!" I said, trying my best to motivate myself.

I put on my mascara and applied a pink/peach lip gloss to my lips and the slightest amount of eyeliner so that it was barely noticeable.

I went back into my room and picked up my phone and unplugged the charger. I noticed a message glowing on my screen.

' Good luck on your first day! B x 😉'

I smile and message back, 'thxs Bev, I'll c u there! x'.

I put the phone in my back pocket and pick up my earphones, putting them in the front pocket of my shirt.

I headed downstairs as quietly as possible; I knew that my dad was still asleep because I could hear his thunderous snoring from his room.

I poured myself some cereal and ate it as quickly as I possibly could.

I dumped my bowl in the sink and headed back upstairs, I grabbed my backpack of the floor and put in some clean notebooks, my new lighter, and some clothes to change into for when I go to boxing.

I plugged my earphones into my phone playing a new playlist.

I went downstairs and headed out the front door, 'Burning pile' by mother mother was the first song to play.

I hopped onto my bike and headed in to derry, for my very first day of school here.

I had never been more excited for school.

{Le time skip}

Since I was pretty eager to get to school it didn't take me long to get there, and as soon as I arrived, I realised that I was actually pretty early- which was completely fine since I had a few things to do first.

I leaned my bike up against the wall, slightly secluded by a few trees and half jogged into the school.

I found my way to the school office with ease and asked the old woman behind the counter for my timetable and locker number/coordination which she eventually gave over to me with an annoyed look.

I rolled my eyes at her and headed towards my locker, not that I was going to put anything in it- I just thought it would be a good idea to find out exactly where it was.