23. Freedom

[Hello world.]

Wonwoo's Pov

Wonwoo's Pov

"Are you going somewhere?" I asked as she put down her phone. She softly smiled.

"Yes. I'll meet a friend. You wanna come?"
"Sure."
"You're not asking why am I meeting a friend? Is this a girl or guy? Haha." She chuckled.
"Sorry, I didn't want to make you feel like I'm overprotective or something. Sorry."
"That's okay. You're different."
"Why are you still talking like a friend?" I asked, having a bite of my steak.
"It's still unreal to me." She said quietly.

My brows were raised, I furrowed, "Am I unreal?""I didn't mean that

"I didn't mean that. Are you mad again?"
"No, I'm not. How can I be mad at you?" I chuckled.
"I'm trying to move out Wonwoo."

"What?" I thought she was already tired of being with me, I got goosebumps.
"I didn't tell my brothers yet. But I have been trying to find some jobs so that I can live on my own."
"Ah. What I thought! Sigh." I sighed.
"What?"
"Nothing. So have you found any job?"
"I got responses from two."
"What kind of jobs are they?" I asked.
"Online job. Writing and stuff."
"Freelancing then."
"If that's so. My brothers are attached to freelancing too."
"That's good."
"I don't know much about it anyway. But I'm trying to give it a try. The payment is good. Also my parents and brothers give me a monthly allowance. So it won't be hard."
"Are you sure that your brothers will let you live alone? It's not safe."
"Don't worry. They'll understand me. I want to live on my own now. I'll let them enjoy their lives now." She chuckled softly.
"Why are you saying this like you interrupt them? They love you."
"They always worry about me. I don't want them to anymore."
"Can I move in with you?" I asked.
"What? In your dream."

"But I don't have any home......." I murmured, I didn't want her to hear. She didn't respond. 

We hopped down to the bus station nearby the university gate

We hopped down to the bus station nearby the university gate. As she got down from the bus, she ran towards a guy,
"Lee Seokmin-ah." She. Hugged. Him.

I couldn't see his face since he leaned down to hug her back. I walked fast to them.

As I pulled her from him, I saw his face.
"Ah, Seokmin!" It was the Lee Seokmin I knew. One of my closest friends or more like a family.

"Ah Jeon Wonwoo. You're dating her! Myungho was right. OMO, I'm shaking, Soomin you're really dating Jeon Wonwoo!?"
"Wait! You guys know each other!?" She furrowed.
"Of course. We have been friends for 6 years now." Seokmin assured.
"Wow. So cool." She exclaimed.
"I heard you found an apartment for her. Shall we go now?" I asked.
"Sure." He said.

As we were walking Seokmin was trying to give us illumination of the apartment,

"It has 2 rooms, 1 washroom, obviously kitchen, living and dining room. It's much cheaper than I thought."
"Is it in a safe area?" I asked.
"Of course. A lot of students live nearby. It's a school area, you see. No worries."
"That's good then."
"But I don't have anything to do with another room. Couldn't you find a one room apartment?" She asked.
"I tried. But it just didn't match the environment or it's far from the university." Seokmin retorted.
"Why bother? Your brothers can visit you sometimes or….." Seokmin cut my word.
"Or? You want to live with her, don't you?" Seokmin laughed out.

"If that's so, I will." I said.
"Like I will allow!" She teased.
"Ah I cannot wait for everyone to see you two!" Seokmin whispered into my ear. I gave him a smirk.

Your Pov

(Did I hear him correct? Why did he sound so sad? What does he mean, he doesn't have any home?)

I tried to keep a straight face, ignoring him which ached my heart. As I got to know Seokmin is his close friend, I decided to have a talk with him alone.

We went home in the evening. I texted Seokmin, I'd have a talk with him when Wonwoo wouldn't be around.

Wonwoo went out a bit later after I told him that I was craving for Tteokbokki. So I didn't miss the chance.

I called Seokmin,
Seokmin: Oh Soomin-ah anything wrong?

I told him what I have heard and seen between him and his father at university. He patiently listened and gave a sigh.

[Thats it for today. Hope you liked it.]