a love letter?

[ part 3 of the coffee shop au ]
i apologise on my behalf for the constant delay of chapters, this was made a while back but i need something to post<3 anyways enjoy!

-
Amami unfolded the corners of the note and briefly glanced at the notes context - he tried to contain his nervousness due to kiyo watching his every move from the other side of the table.

the note read
"thank you kindly for the gesture yesterday , i wasn't sure how to say this to you so i thought i would word it properly in a small note , just as you did. i will also be sure to revisit often- if you do not mind of course. By the way , your nervous state is rather amusing , don't take that too seriously though- it is also sweet.
- kiyo"

As he read through each line , his face seemingly increased in heat , the red blush rising to the tips of his ears.
"Amami- amami?" Shinguji had been calling out his name for quite some time now and he had started to get embarrassed by himself from the large amount of stares and mutters he had gotten off of people walking passed the two boys.
"hm- ah oh, sorry Kiyo!" he nervously laughed with a smile as a strand of his soft , sage hair was tucked behind his ear.
"The note- the note was really nice , thank you- and- and the compliment.. i-it was nice-"
he could hear muffled laughing coming from Korekiyo and he tilted his head a little.

"kehe- my apologies, i cannot help but be flattered yet amused by how flustered you are over that singular compliment, you also said nice twice-" he exclaimed , an amused expression planted on his face.
"Yeah yeah , very funny , just accept the praise on your note- hmph.." Rantaro huffed under his breath , averting his gaze from Shinguji as he spoke.

"Don't worry , i will , you seem a little flustered Amami- you are acting rather strange , hm?" Korekiyo laughed under his breath and teased him a little bit.
"i- a-ah- Kiyo don't say it like that! i was just flattered!"

They both sat beside eachother and made long conversation for hours on end, it felt like minutes to them, but little did either of them know that the shop was meant to be closing up - and the other employees weren't impressed by Rantaro's current lack of work.

As the evening continued, however, both kiyo and taro decided to help clean up for the other workers until it was just them left inside the coffee shop.

"So, have any plans for later?" Rantaro asked.

"Not particularly, though i do believe i have to study, since you prevented me from doing so today- not that i'm complaining of course," Kiyo smiled softly beneath his mask and rantaro replied with a small giggle.

"Okay okay, i didn't know anyways, plus i should have been working too- so it's a fair trade,"
They both laughed at the conversation and started to finish up , Kiyo headed out and as did Taro.

"Thank you for today- hey, text me, we can hang out tomorrow-!" Rantaro exclaimed.

And with a simple nod and smile, tomorrow had been planned out, perfectly timed as they both parted.