Chapter 03: Aoba Johsai High School vs Karasuno High School Part I

3rd Person's P.O.V

Everyone sat in the gym as they talk about their positions on the upcoming practice match. Y/n sat behind Ennoshita, listening carefully.

"I want to use Kageyama and Hinata as a set..."

The said pair looks at each other as they both thought, 'Set.'

"And Tsukishima is one of of our few tall players and Kuroko is one of our skilled players. I want to see how you two will fight against Seijoh."

"Okay..."

the two said at the same time.
'I'm the only first year out of the loop.' Yamaguchi thought to himself as Y/n looks at him worriedly.

"More importantly, you're using Hinata and Kuroko in a position where height matters?"

Tanaka pointed out.

"I'm in the same position as the lanky jerk Tsukishima?"

'It's not like I'll do much during the match anyway. I couldn't even score points in volleyball. They should've put Ennoshita-senpai or Yamaguchi-kun in instead of me.' Y/n thought to herself as she look down as Tsukishima looks at her.

"Oh, j-just a second. Can I read up the positions?"
Takeda said as he held his hand up. "Setter: the control tower that tosses for spikes and organizes the offence. Wing spiker: An all-around, well-balanced player who attacks the core of the opponents. Middle blocker: he defends against the opponent's offense, and scores points, mainly using quick attacks. Furthermore, he plays the decoy to draw opponent's blockers away. Would you say these are right?"

"There are other exclusive defensive positions, too, but for now those are all."
Daichi said with a smile.

Kageyama stood up.

"Listen, Hinata..."
Kageyama points at the said boy.

"You're the ultimate decoy."

"The ultimate....decoy?"

Hinata said as his tone went from enthusiastic to not, laying on all fours.

"There's something uninspiring about that."

"We'll let you score points using quick attacks and direct the opponent's blockers' attention from you. That's when the other spikers will come into play."

"Oh."

"Big guys like Tsukishima will fall like idiots to your movements... That'll feel good won't it?"

"I like it. I like it a lot!"

"Hey. You're not calling Tsukki an idiot, are you?"

"Shut up Yamaguchi."

"Sorry Tsukki."

Kageyama continued,
"On the other hand, if you're not effective, know that the other attacks will all fail."

"Hey..."

Daichi went to Kageyama.

"Don't put too much pressure on him." Y/n said, appearing out of nowhere.