Chapter 04: Aoba Johsai High School vs Karasuno High School Part II

3rd Person's P.O.V

Y/n sits on the bench, writing on her notebook as she drinks from her bottle. Ennoshita noticed this and sits beside her.

"What are you writing?"
He asks, seeing some doodles and notes about the opposite team.

"Ennoshita-senpai! Well um..I'm taking notes of the opponent's strong and weak points, and strategies on how to counter them."

Ennoshita hums in understanding before they talk about Y/n's notes some more, the former getting immersed in their conversation until he notices the girl's notebook cover as she closes it.

"Volleyball no. 4?"

"Hm?"

Ennoshita points at Y/n's notebook.

"Oh yeah, this is my fourth notebook. For volleyball that is. Ever since I started playing a sport, in my case basketball and volleyball, I take notes on what I should improve on and such, like my weak points, my simple little mistakes, and others."

Y/n explains.

"I see."

"I also take notes of my opponent. Like now, as you can see. I observe my opponent carefully during a match in order to form a strategy, ways to counter the opponent's attacks, and so on."

"Oh, that's actually pretty interesting. Also, you mentioned doing this before when you used to play basketball right? How many notebooks did you use?"

Y/n brings a hand on her chin, thinking deeply.

"Well I had like.."

She trails off, counting with her fingers.

"I had like sixty or maybe seventy, I'm not sure..."

Ennoshit's jaw dropped.
"That many?"

Y/n nods.
"There's probably more but yeah.."

"Listen to me. In volleyball..."

The two withdrew from their conversation, hearing Tanaka's voice.

"Everybody on this side of the court is your ally. It doesn't matter if you're lousy. It doesn't matter if you're a nuisance. You can slow us down. That's okay. But to make up for those things... That's why you have your team and your senpais."

Y/n looks down.

'A team, huh...'

The second set started.
"Hey, teach me how to serve to the back of the head later."
"Teach me later too."
Tsukishima joined in Kindaichi's teasing to Hinata.

"Sawamura-senpai, nice serve."

Y/n said as Daichi serves the ball. Seijoh receives it, Yahaba tosses it to Kunimi who spikes it but was received by Tsukishima.

"Kageyama cover."

"Yes."

"Left, go forward."