Chapter 15.

Chapter 15 ━━ Believe In Optimism

━━━━━━━━☆★☆━━━━━━━━

"Get your asses in there! All of you!" A guard roughly shoves all the group into their room and slams the door behind him. 

"What the hell was that about?!" Minho is the first to yell as soon as the door shuts. 

"You didn't really think they were just gonna let you through?" Newt asks, not minding to show how angry he is about the behavior of the twins at the cafeteria. 

"Nah, of course, I didn't." Thomas reaches his pocket and pulls out a card. He holds it out to show others. It is similar to the one that Janson and the guards used to open doors around the building. "I'm gonna find out what's on the other side of that door." 

Newt gives him an annoyed look. "Right." 

"Newt, they're hiding something. Okay? These people are not who they say they are." Thomas says. 

"No, Thomas, you don't know that!" Newt steps forward, angrily. "The only thing that we do know is that they helped rescue us from WICKED. They gave us new clothes. They gave us food. They gave us a proper bed. Some of us haven't had that in a long time." 

"Yeah, but…" 

"Some of us are a lot longer than others." 

"Just because they recused us doesn't mean they're all good, Newt. What if they're way worse than WICKED?" Katherine points out. 

Newt opens his mouth to respond but he's cut off shortly when metal scraping flatters across the floor and Aris comes out from the air vent under a bunk. 

"Hey, Thomas." 

"What the…" Frypan mutters. 

"You two got it, didn't you?" Aris asks the twins. 

"Yeah. Let's go." Thomas pockets the card and vents down to Aris's level, getting ready to crawl under the bed, but stops to look at the group. "All right, look, maybe you guys are right. Maybe I'm just being paranoid. But I got to find out for sure. Just cover for me." 

"I'll be back as soon as I can." He adds, before crawling in. 

Chris shows up with his grin. "You coming, Kate?" 

Minho raises an eyebrow at the nickname. "Kate?" 

"Yup." Katherine ignores him before sliding into the air vent. 

~~~ 

Thomas opens the large air vent cover and jumps out first and helps Katherine out. Then Aris and Chris follow behind before closing the air vent cover. 

Thomas takes his card and wipes the card into the processor of the room where nurses had brought the covered person the previous night and the metal door opens as soon as the screen glows green with a beep.