ᴛᴇɴ ʙɪʟʟɪᴏɴ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛꜱ | ꜱᴇɴᴋᴜ

NOTES: Reader is from modern times. She's a high school student who graduated early and was studying medicine. She was revived by Tsukasa to keep his hunters healthy. When the chance came up, she offered to go with Gen to find out if Senku was still alive. She decided to stay in the kingdom of science, and Gen told Tsukusa that she died so that no one would go and look for her. She has her own hut where she medically treats the sick and old villagers.

WARNINGS: N/A

WORD COUNT: 2073

~ ~ ~

"Ouch!" 

Senku hissed at the pain in his hand. A giant gash decorated the palm of his dominant hand. The makeshift bandage that he had tied around it was getting in the way of his work, and he was starting to get annoyed.

Senku was already on a time budget, and now that he was injured, the stress was starting to take its toll on him. He found himself staying up late, sometimes pulling all nighters trying to find the right ratio so that they could ration materials and fight off Tsukasa's Empire at the same time. 

He was trying to substitute volcanic rock for nitric acid, but there was only so much that he could work with. In the end, it wouldn't be nearly enough to make gunpowder, and if they didn't have gunpowder, they couldn't defeat Tsukasa's army. 

He tried to pick up the glass beaker again, being careful not to drop the contents inside. After all, it did take Chrome several days to find the little amount of material they had, and they only had until spring before the next attack.

Not even a millisecond later, the coldness of the glass penetrated his bandage, startling him and causing him to do exactly the opposite of what he wanted. 

The liquid spilled all over the floor. Senku jumped away, slipping on another empty beaker and falling flat on his back, the wind knocked out of him.

He lay there for a moment, attempting to regain his breath and his thoughts. He wanted to scream in frustration, but everyone in the village was sleeping, so he settled for squeezing his eyes shut and angrily kicking the leg of the table. 

"Shit." 

"You should watch your language, you know. The villagers might start copying you."

Senku opened his eyes to see your face staring over him. A blush rose to his face, but he assumed it was from you catching him at such a vulnerable time.

"I'm ten billion percent sure that none of the villagers know what that means."

"You still shouldn't teach them bad habits..."

He sat up and rubbed the back of his head. He didn't really think it mattered if the villagers knew how to cuss or not. In fact, he thought it would be better for them, to help them express their anger. Maybe he should start cussing around them more often.

Standing up, he kicked the empty beaker to the corner of the lab, mentally making a note to prepare some things for Chrome's next journey to gather materials. His mind was reeling, and the bags under his eyes seemed to get heavier every second. Grabbing more beakers, he began to pour in the rest of the gunpowder materials until a hand on his stopped him dead in his tracks. 

He looked to his side to see you holding his injured hand, a finger gently tracing over the bandage. Senku furrowed his brows in confusion.

"What are you doing?"

"You should get some rest."

"You didn't answer my question."

"You haven't gotten any sleep this week."