Chapter 6

The next day after breakfast I heard someone knocking at the door, I answered the door Edward was standing on my doorstep. 

"Good morning," 

"Good morning." 

"Ready to go?" Edward asked. 

"Yes, just let me grab my purse." I smiled. 

I made my way upstairs to my room and grabbed my purse I walked back downstairs and left the house. I closed the front door and locked it I closed the storm door and followed Edward to his SUV. He opened the passenger side door and held it I climbed inside his sleek black 2016 Chevy Trailblazer, Edward closed the door he walked around the SUV and climbed behind the wheel. Edward started the engine we put on our seat belts he drove away. 

"I didn't get a chance to get dessert." 

"We'll stop on the way." 

"I was a little surprised to see you on my doorstep." I blushed. 

"My mom sent me to Target and I knew you didn't live far." Edward said. 

When we arrived at Safeway Edward pulled into a parking spot and killed the engine, we removed our seat belts and climbed out of the SUV. Edward and I walked into Safeway we made our way to the bakery. 

"Edward would it be alright if I got a Boston Cream pie?" 

"Yes," 

I grabbed the Boston Cream pie we headed to the checkout line after I paid for the dessert Edward and I headed for the exit. 

"Can I treat you to coffee?" Edward asked. 

"Sure," I answered. 

I told Edward my order after we got our coffees Edward and I left Safeway we climbed back inside the SUV and put on our seat belts. I placed my cup in the cup holder I sat the dessert on my lap Edward started the engine and drove away. When we arrived at his house Edward parked across the street, he turned off the A/C and killed the engine. Edward and I removed our seat belts and climbed out of the SUV we walked across the street. I followed Edward up the front steps he opened the front door I followed him inside the house he led me into the kitchen. 

"Hand me the pie and I'll put it into the fridge." 

I handed the pie to Edward, he put it into the fridge. 

"Eddie, your back!" a little girl exclaimed, running into the kitchen and running to him. 

Edward bent down and picked up the little girl and placed her on his hip.

"Selina this is my little sister Jewell, Jewell this is my friend Selina." 

"Eddie, she's pretty." Jewell smiled. 

"Selina is it alright if Jewell hangs out with us?" Edward asked. 

"I don't mind," 

Edward and I left the kitchen with our coffees he led me into the living room we sat down on the couch. 

"Hey Selina." Steve and Bruce greeted entering the living room. 

"Hey guys." I smiled. 

"Are Shelly and Kylie dating anyone?" 

"No Kylie and Shelly have never had a boyfriend before why?" 

"We want to ask them out on a date and ask them to be our girlfriends." Bruce explained. 

I thought it was sweet and romantic that Steve and Bruce wanted to ask my two best friends to be their girlfriends. 

"What does Shelly like?" 

"She likes Edgar Allan Poe." 

"Thank you," Steve stated. 

"What does Kylie like?" 

"She likes to write song lyrics and is also a fan of Poe." 

"Thank you," Bruce said. 

"You're welcome." I replied. 

Bruce and Steve left the house closing the front door behind them Edward and I drank our coffee from Starbucks and watched TV with Jewell. When we were finished our coffees, Edward took our empty cups out into the kitchen. 

"Hello you must be Selina; Edward has told my husband and I so much about you." 

"Yes, ma'am I am Selina." 

"I'm Edward's mother Constantia." Mrs. Hale said. 

"It's nice to meet you, Mrs. Hale." I replied. 

"I hope Jewell isn't bothering you." 

"No ma'am Jewell is no bother at all."

Edward returned to the living room and sat beside me on the couch. 

"Mom, Selina brought a dessert for after dinner." Edward said. 

"I was wondering where the Boston Cream pie came from." his mother replied. 

Mrs. Hale and Jewell left the living room Edward and I hung out on the couch and watched TV. 

"Have you ever had a boyfriend?" 

"No, I never had a boyfriend before. Have you ever had a girlfriend?"  

"No," He replied. 

Later on, that evening I joined Edward's family for dinner they made me feel welcome. 

"Selina, I'm sorry that I didn't get to introduce myself earlier I had work to finish. I am Edward's father Stefan." 

"It's nice to meet you, Mr. Hale." 

It felt nice to be included in a conversation instead of being ignored. After dinner I went to help clean up from dinner Mr. and Mrs. Hale refused to let me help. I left the kitchen and entered the living room I spotted Edward sitting on the floor playing with Jewell, I joined him on the floor. 

"Your family is loving and caring I wish my family was like that." I stated. 

"You're welcome to stay here." Edward offered. 

"Don't tempt me," 

It was starting to get late I thanked Mr. and Mrs. Hale for inviting me over Jewell wasn't happy that I had to leave. 

"Eddie, can I go?" Jewell asked. 

"Yeah," Edward answered. 

Edward, Jewell, and I left the house I picked her up and placed her on my hip Edward and I walked across the street to his SUV. He unlocked the doors and opened the door to the backseat I placed Jewell in her car seat and buckled her in. I closed the door and climbed into the passenger seat Edward climbed behind the wheel we put on our seat belts. He started the engine and drove away. 

"Selina, can I stay the night with you?" 

"I wish you could." 

When we arrived at my house Edward parked behind my black Chevy Impala, I removed my seat belt. 

"Thank you for bringing me home." I smiled. 

"You're more than welcome." Edward said. 

I leaned over and kissed his cheek I climbed out of the SUV leaving Edward surprised I walked up the front steps and opened the storm door. I walked inside the house I closed the front door and locked it I walked upstairs to bed.