Hello Aro

How have we as humans found material that perfectly reflects light to show us ourselves? Why have we tampered with what nature gives us? Was water not enough? Water is our mirror, the most pure, natural and true mirror. Nothing crafted by hand, just our reflection, our hopes, dreams, sins, faults, all thrown back at us. Isn't it terrifying?

When I cry, I choose to do it by the water, to add to it, let it take my tortured soul and purify it. Let my sorrows drown in my reflection. Why? Why was I put here on this earth? To suffer? To cry? To be unloved? There is no purpose.

Mother doesn't love me, she would be much happier if I weren't here. She'd have kept her perfect figure, her grace, her charm, her beauty. At least that's what she said. I've always seen my mother as the most beautiful woman alive. Her smile brightens the darkness growing inside me, darkness she causes. The irony. She carries herself with the same grace I assume she did before my birth. It is almost as if her feet never touch the ground. My mother is a queen, something she is sure to remind me that I will never be.

My father, I don't see much of him. Harrison Knight, President and CEO of...something. I'm not sure exactly what he does, but he makes lots of money. Enough to keep me out of his way, summer camps, boarding school, weekend trips to Italy. Sounds lovely, doesn't it? Not when you're alone.

"I'm alone"

"No one is truly alone, my dear" an angel called out to me, "I am here with you."

An angel, that is what he looked like. His features delicate, his voice gentle, his touch so soft. Fear consumed me. An angel? Was it my time? Or could he be a demon sent to finally take me to where I am destined to spend eternity.

" Who are you? This is private property, you can't be here!"

The angel smiled, his teeth so bright they could have gave light to all of England. He slowly took his hand off my shoulder.

"My name is Aro."