Hold On - Max Mills

TW: Mentions of self harm, depression and suicide.

**Y/N's POV**

I woke up at eight in the morning. It's a Saturday so I let myself have a little sleep in and chill. I was checking my notifications to see a text message from my boyfriend, Max. He was telling me that he was coming over tonight for a sleepover, he didn't ask because he knew the answer would always be yes.

I went downstairs to get breakfast when I saw my parents were already up.

''Good morning sweetheart'', My dad says giving me a kiss on my forehead and a side hug.

''Morning Dad'', I say giving him a smile in return.

''Morning Mum'', I say trying to being civil for half eight in the morning.

''Morning darling'', She says in reply.

Last night me and my mum had an argument which happens regularly so there was a bit of awkward tension as I poured my cereal and made a cup of tea.

''So, you what are you doing today?'', My dad asks trying to ease the tension.

''I think I'm going to chill or do some music before Max comes over for a sleepover'', I say smiling.

''That sounds great, but you might want to do more than just chilling like schoolwork or something more productive'', My mum said with a tight smile as if that was a normal thing to say to a seventeen-year-old with the highest grades in their class.

''I said I might do some music because I've already done my schoolwork which you would know if you listened to me'', I say with my head down looking at my breakfast.

''Alright ladies, me and your mum are about to leave to go to the city centre for a bit of shopping then go over to our friend's house. We will see you later sweetie. Have a nice day'', My dad says with a wink and kiss to my cheek.

My dad was great at trying to keep us civil for my own mental health and his sanity.

I finished my breakfast while thinking over why my mum had to say that this morning. To catch you up basically me and my mum don't have the greatest relationship. It's hard enough not being out to my parents about my sexuality but when your mum keeps having small digs towards you that leads to huge arguments it makes it worse.

When I was younger, I was diagnosed with anxiety and severe depression. My mum at the time was quite helpful but now I'm older I've just realised the relationship is toxic. She makes me feel so down and leads me to hating myself because of the way she makes me seem.

Once I had drank my cup of tea I went upstairs to get dressed. I had a shower last night, so I didn't need to do that this morning. I started on my hair which I just put into Dutch braids. Afterwards, I got dressed into something that I felt comfortable in since today was a day where I thought my body looked worse than usual.

Y/N's Outfit:

Once I was dressed and feeling okay in myself. I did a little makeup which just consisted of powder, mascara and eyeliner.

Since I wanted to do something to take my mind of things, I decided to play my guitar and piano while working on a new song. I got my songbook and went sat in my little music corner in my room.

I was working on a song about a breakup while listening to Artic Monkeys. I heard my phone buzzing, so I checked it in case it was Max, and he was on his way, but it was a text from my mum.

Mum🤍:

Hey sweetie, I just thought I'd say that you should go on a walk and try to burn those calories you have put on over the past month x