Brothers Best Friend - Max Mills

**Y/N's POV**

I currently live with my brother, Dobby, and his best friend, Max. I moved in around six months ago due to me going to university nearby. Dobby moved from our hometown with Max and his twin, Harvey, a year and half ago because they are a music artist and Dobby is their photographer.

When I asked Dobby if I could move in, but he was bit hesitant due to me and Max never getting along but since Harvey had just moved in with his girlfriend and multiple other reasons, he finally caved in.

If you asked me six months ago that this whole living with Max thing would have gone okay, I would have straight away said no but it did. Actually, we ended up together.

We never intended for it but one night there was a party at our place because we were celebrating them releasing their album. We ended up kissing at the end of the night. A week later we kissed again, and he admitted he was falling for me. I told him it would not work but in reality, I was running away from the situation. A few weeks later we were at an award show for their album, and I told him that I wanted to try us, and I was falling too.

Now it's been a couple of months and we know we need to tell Dobby before it gets too late. Tonight, we were having a few friends around for drinks since I had passed all my tests and in September, I would be continuing my degree.

I heard a knock on my door and said come in to whoever it was. I turned around to see Max closing my door behind him.

"Hey, thought I would come see you while they go over Harvey's photos from the photoshoot, we did a few days ago" He says, sitting in front of me on the floor.

"Hey, you'll have to send me your photos from the shoot" I say before I kiss him softly.

"I will do. What you up to?" He asks placing his hands on the back of my knees.

"Doing my makeup for tonight" I say, looking back in my mirror to finish my eyeshadow.

"You don't need makeup you know" He says while admiring me.

"I pay for it, I wear it. You have no opinion" I reply while rolling my eyes at his comment.

"Alright, just don't cover up you freckles please" He says while putting his hands up in surrender.

"Done if you stop you moaning" I say.

"Darling, you can't make me moan your brother is downstairs" He says cheekily, earning a slap on the arm from me. He laughed in response.

"You better go so I can get dressed" I say after a few minutes of him just watching my finish my makeup.

"I wouldn't mind watching but alright just give me a kiss before I go" He says, and I peck him on the cheek.

"A proper kiss thank you" He says, looking offended so I give him a proper kiss and he leaves.

I still had a smile on my face after he left. I was truly falling in love with him, but he doesn't know, and nobody knows about us. I wish we could just be able to be us, but it has to come with so many complications. I frowned a little and stood up to go and choose my outfit for tonight.

I spent ten minutes going through my wardrobe while still thinking over mine and Max's situation.

Your Outfit:

After I put on my outfit, I decided to quickly style my hair by straightening it and making my bangs shape my face. After fifteen minutes, I finally was ready, so I went downstairs to the kitchen. As soon as I walked in, I saw Harvey and his girlfriend talking with Max and Dobby around the table. Harvey had his arm around her shoulder, and they looked so happy and cute. I wished me and Max could be like that.