Chapter 1: New Job

Mike Schmidt, a single 27 year old man with blue eyes, was looking through the local newspaper for a job, as he quit his previous job due to too much stress and not being that important to the company. He was flipping through the pages when he saw one that said "HELP WANTED," so he decided to read it. It said "Family pizzeria looking for security guard to work the night shift. 12 AM to 6 AM. Monitor cameras, ensure safety of equipment and robot characters. Not responsible for injury. $292.50 a week. To apply call 1-800-329-2327."

He glanced at the ads around it, and they all said the same thing, which was, "Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. This ad has nothing to do with anything relevant to the game. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Chances are you won't make it past night three. Blah. Blah. Yackity Smackity. Blah. Blah. This probably isn't the best choice of a summer job, since you most likely won't survive the week. I'd recommend being a cashier, sack boy, or work in a warehouse. They are all very respectable jobs, and you probably won't be killed by them. Well, you might. But it would be unlikely. Blah. Blah."

Unsure what to think of the ads, he called the number, and the person on the other side asked, "What job do you want at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza?"

He replied, "I'd like to be a security guard. I don't see why the ads around your promotion in the newspaper said I likely won't survive, as the characters probably won't move off the stage."

The person on the other end did not comment on that, but instead said, "Luckily for you, the position of night guard is open. The previous guy finished his week, but quit his job due to fearing the characters. What are your strengths?"

"I can stay up late, I can handle being on my own well, and I have good skills for being independent."

"What are your weaknesses on the job?"

"I have my limits, and if I get too stressed, I give up on my job."

"Since we need someone for that position, you're hired! Wait until the 9th to arrive for your job,"

"But isn't that Monday?"

"Yes, it is. It's a weekday job, and today, the 7th, is a Saturday. We're giving you some breathing room before you start your job."

Mike had no idea what to expect, as living in California was expensive even though that was the most populated state in the US. His job was not out of state or in Mexico, as he was not in San Diego.

He decided to look at the site and the characters. He saw that Freddy was a brown colored bear who wore a black top hat, bow tie, buttons, and vest. He also had four fingers, a light brown stomach, snout, and inner ears, black whiskers on his muzzle, black eyebrows, blue eyes, and a black nose.

The guitarist of Freddy's band, Bonnie the Rabbit, was colored lavender, with a lighter color for the belly, muzzle, and inside of his larger ears. He too had two purple buttons, black spots where whiskers should have been, and four fingers. He had much larger ears, had a red bow tie, black eyebrows, and used a real electric guitar that was red and white with a black neck. He had no eyebrows.

The final character on stage was Chica the Chicken. She was more like a chick because she was yellow, which led to some confusion. She was the only girl, though it was easy to mistake Bonnie for one due to his name and eyelashes. She had "hair" on the top of her head that connected to it through a pink bow. She had a bib that said "LET'S EAT!!!" on it that covered her chest, and she had nothing else on. Her legs were thin, orange, and had two toes, both on the front. This was significant because Bonnie and Freddy both had feet with three toes. She had a minor character named Mr. Cupcake, who stayed on a plate held in her right hand. He had pink frosting, two large blue eyes, a birthday candle with yellow stripes and a vinyl candle light, and no wrapper. Chica had a beak with blocky teeth on the bottom jaw.

There was another character, though. His name was Foxy the Pirate Fox. He was crimson with lighter red on the muzzle, eye sockets, belly, and insides of the ears. For some reason, he had sharper looking teeth than the rest of the cast, but none of them were golden. He had a black eyepatch covering his right eye, and his left eye was yellow. He wore brown pants that revealed some fur before transitioning to feet with two toes, though they were different than those of Chica. He had for tufts of fur sticking out of the top of his head.

Mike expected the robot versions of them to not look as good as the renders of them on the site. He decided that the best thing to do was sleep, now that he knew what to expect out of each character.