A Tale for Alice part 1

-Hello? Would you like to buy a system upgrade? Our robots are of great quality.

-No, maybe another time.

-Hello? Would you like to buy something?

-...

***

There's really nothing that can be done about it. This world is so peaceful.

I don't understand... human beings really suck. I don't understand how nobody can see that we are regressing more and more.

Our relationship with technology is frightening.

Health...

Education...

Everything...

Is humanity no longer good for anything...?

But I will change that! Starting today.

***

There is a mysterious disease attacking the inhabitants of Japan. People who are affected are dying within days.

***

The disease has already spread to the European and African continent. And there is still no sign of a cure.

***

The disease has already spread to the other side of the world! And there is still no sign of a cure!!! SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!

NO SIGNAL

***

The rain was falling that night. The lightning, striking the earth, left nothing but its black mark on the ground and its thunderous sound.In the middle of the rain a red haired man looked out of the window of his house. His expression was calm on the outside, but inside he was annoyed.

- She... is always late.

Almost ten o'clock at night and still no sign of his wife. But although she was missed, he wasn't too worried. "She's fine. It's the other people I should worry about!" He thought.

The funny thing was, sleep still wouldn't come. And it was likely that with the noise of the lightning, no one in the house could sleep.

In the dark it was possible to hear small steps running near the door of his room. The sound and the smell gave away who it was.

A small girl of seven years old put her head to the side, hoping to look inside the room. Black eyes, as well as the small tattoo/mark on the left side of her neck: 0228. Dark chocolate colored skin, very short straight dark brown hair with bangs, and white pajamas with floral prints. The girl was also holding an old stuffed animal, wearing a removable top hat, which didn't matter (because the hat had been lost anyway).

- Hey. What are you doing here at this time of day? - said the father with a calm gaze, but in a rigid voice.

- I... I was afraid of the lightning. I can't sleep. Can you tell me a story?

Before she could say anything, she climbed into her father's bed. With her pleading black eyes and the stuffed animal by her side, she couldn't be refused.

- All right.

- Yupi! - The little girl raised her hands to the sky in a reflex. Just like her mother," her father thought.

- But then you go to sleep, okay? - The girl nodded. The little animal was cuddled close to her body, both of them ready to listen to anything they were told. - Once upon a time, in a forest...