Peeta & Katniss.

(^I made that myself. Feel free to use.)

Katniss:
"I don't know, I guess we try and forget..." I said swallowing into my pool of lies with a heavy gulp.

Shamefully, I slowly turned around, knowing that Peeta can tell when I'm lying. And it was as I was about to sit down and numb my mind from the walls I had built all my life, he spoke to me with subtle undertones of kindness.

"I don't wanna forget."
I repeated his encapsulating words again and again realising my final standpoint of Peeta. He was good. A good person. Kind-hearted but lonely. And I had just fully noticed. Yes, I knew I cared for him as soon as we interacted properly. But this was different. It was almost refreshing and breezy to feel that woosh of belief.

It was in that moment I knew I wanted to be near me. Always. Forever. He makes me a better version of myself in every way possible. He makes me more sympathetic, more understanding, more loving and real in all ways I never knew existed.

Peeta:
"I don't wanna forget." I said. Knowing it might cause her some mindless strife. I smiled at myself knowing that it was one of the smoothest things I could have said in that moment. In that hidden confession.

Her eyes met with mine and I knew the words had sunk in. I could see it in her eyes. She finally felt the compassion I've felt for her for years. I could tell she was struggling to hold it back, but I saw her love me. I know that she loves me. Me! Peeta Mallark. 'The Baker' and 'The Mockingjay' for eachother.

~ Written by Morgan Green.