Chapter One- The First Asks

 (Rebecca’s P.O.V)

 “Thanks for the ride home, Quinn!” I called to my best friend as I walked through the front door of my two-story house. Quinn responded with a honk and a wave, and then she sped off.

  I climbed up the stairs and walked into my room. I threw my schoolbag on the already disastrous floor and opened up my laptop. My stomach did a flip-flop when I saw the smiling boys of One Direction on my screen saver.  I moused over all of their faces individually, as if I were caressing them. My mouse lingered a little too long on Niall’s beautiful Irish features. I loved all of the boys, but I had to admit, Niall was by far my favourite. I loved everything about him, from his accent to his bleached blond hair, to his ocean-blue eyes to his incredible laugh.

 As soon as my laptop was booted up, I opened up the Internet and clicked on my Facebook. I had three notifications and one message. I clicked on the message first. It was from my other good friend, Samantha.

 Hey Rebecca, what was our English homework again?

 I quickly typed out a reply, read through my notifications, and then clicked on the link to my Tumblr. I liked Tumblr way more than Facebook. The pictures people posted on there were amazing, the text posts are hilarious, and you can gain followers in the blink of an eye. I scrolled through my dashboard, reblogging some pictures I liked. Then, I looked at my follower count. 743. Four more than what I’d left school with. Feeling quite pleased with myself, I hit follow beside the new urls and then went back to my dash.

 About forty-five minutes later, my mom came into my room. I was still on Tumblr.

 “Honey, you should do your homework. You’ve been on that laptop since you’ve gotten home.” She said to me.

 “In a minute, mom.” I replied. I was about to close the window to the Internet when a little red ‘1’ popped up on my Tumblr inbox.

This is new. I never get messages from people. I thought to myself. I clicked on the icon, not knowing what to expect. It was an anonymous message.

 Do you like One Direction? The inbox read. I laughed. Of course I like One Direction, idiot, I wanted to type. But, knowing how much hate can come your way if you insult someone on Tumblr, I had to think of a new response.

 No, I love them.;) I typed. I hit publish and closed the window to the browser.

***

Three hours later, I’d finally finished my homework. Free to do what I wanted, I logged onto Tumblr again. I had one new follower. Someone named nhxx was now following me. I hit follow and went to look at my dash, but something red caught my eye. I had an ask. Two in one day? It’s a Tumblr miracle! I thought. I clicked on it. It was another anonymous message.

 Cool, I like them too! Who’s your favourite? It read.

 Niall, definitely Niall. Hands down, no questions asked. He is so amazing and attractive I can’t even. I replied.

 I clicked on my dash after replying and reblogged some stuff I liked. I clicked refresh to load more posts, and what did I see? Another ask. I felt quite popular. I clicked it, wondering what this one would say.

 Interesting… It read.