Chapter 7- Hanging out can be dangerous and sometimes really stupid

 (Niall’s P.O.V)

 I was sure to wake up extra early for today. Hanging out with Rebecca? Yes, please.

 To make a good impression on Rebecca, I pulled on my infamous Free Hugs t-shirt with a pair of baggy blue jeans. Thinking back on Rebecca’s Tumblr posts, I remember one that said something like I like boys who wear belts. I pulled a belt through the loops on the pants and tightened it to where it was comfortable. I put on a snapback hat and turned it backwards. Once I was finished getting dressed, I went downstairs for breakfast.

 “I’m hungry!” I whined when I went into the kitchen.

 “What else is new?” Zayn asked Liam.

Liam laughed. “I don’t know, mate.”

 “Guys! I want food! Where’s Harry? I want his pancakes.” I wailed.

 “Harry’s at home, remember? He and Louis are meeting us at the Starbucks near the library. So are Rebecca and Quinn.” Liam said.  I pouted. I was really looking forward to some of Harry’s pancakes. Oh well, I’d have to settle for cereal. I pulled the Lucky Charms out of the cereal cupboard and poured them into a bowl.

 “Aww, Li, look! The leprechaun is eating Lucky Charms!” Zayn cooed. Liam laughed again. I ignored the both of them and ate my bowl of Lucky Charms.

 ***

An hour later, we pulled up at the Starbucks. Louis and Harry were there already, standing in line to get their orders. Rebecca and Quinn weren’t there yet.

 “And I’ll have a double espresso with chocolate syrup and a chocolate muffin.” I heard Louis say when I walked in. The barista nodded and punched his order into the cash register.

 “That would be $10.40 for the both of you.” She said to Harry and Louis.

 “Don’t worry, Lou. My treat.” Harry said with a cheeky smile. He pulled Louis’s wallet out of Louis’s back pocket and pulled a twenty-dollar bill out of it.

 “Harry! That’s my wallet! I thought you said you were paying!” Louis said loudly. Harry just laughed. He gave the money to the barista who was busy laughing herself and pulled Lou out of the line and over to their table. Zayn, Liam and I walked over to another table nearby and pulled it over to Lou and Harry’s.

 “Hey lads! Niall, is your new girly friend here yet?” Louis teased me.

 “No.” I said. Then what Louis said sank in. “And she’s not my girlfriend!” I protested. The rest of the band snickered.

 “Sure, mate.” Harry said. “Not yet anyways.” That earned another snicker from the group. I blushed and gazed out the window. Some people were passing by, but no sign of the two we were waiting for.

 The bell above the door tinkled.

 “Quinn! Don’t do that! That’s weird!” I heard a beautiful voice say. It was Rebecca. My stomach leaped. She looked absolutely beautiful. She was wearing a sleeveless green top with pink flowers on it, jeans and a beige leather jacket. Her shoes were the same colour as her jacket and were lace-up ankle booties.

 “Quinn, no. Look, there are the boys.” Rebecca said to Quinn.  Quinn looked dejected, but she immediately brightened when she saw us.

 “OMGOMGOMGOMG IT’S ONE DIRECTION!” She shrieked.

 “Ssshhhhhh! Quinn, not so loud! We don’t want to draw attention to them. They can’t be mobbed today. Not while we’re here, it’ll spoil the day.” Rebecca said sternly.