Survival of the fittest

Kawarka, Volzolks
Two hours before finale

Reporting live from the fighting arena where the brave female warrior, Avni Singh from Earth will face off with our own unbeatable, Army Chief, Vadarius Vrokzad King. After Vadarius' rather abrupt bonding ceremony with Everly Vrokzad King yesterday, the royal couple will make its first public appearance today. Sources claim that Avni Singh was a royal guest of honor at the celebratory ball, and was seen dancing contentedly in the arms of our own crown ruler, Albatross Vrokzad King.

While both warriors make suitable preparations to face off in the final duel that will decide the fate of Earth, Volzites bite their nails in excitement and pray in anticipation for the beloved human champion to win. While her previous fight with the last standing human wasn't of much interest, her first duel with Jalil Galok was an eye opener for many who wrongly presumed humans to be weak, selfish and worthy of merciless death.

Not only was her victory speech a reminder for us Volzites to give up our baseless prejudices, but also a blunt comparison of how similar both Volzites and humans really are. Avni's words struck a deep cord with many, when she reduced everyone to just souls that are only different at face value because they were born in different flesh on different planets.

Many have termed this reminder as the reason why she has become a favourite of Volzites, who believe their culture and society is based on souls and soulmates, and therefore they secretly hope that she wins, even if that makes their wishes totally against the crown for the first time in centuries. Avni Singh is a formidable force to be reckoned with, and our best wishes are with her. We'll be back with updates in two hours, when the most awaited duel of the century finally starts.

__________

Mumbai, Earth
One hour before finale

Presenting our audience with the highlights of the most awaited event of our lifetimes: the duel between the brave and fearless Indian leader of COEXIST, Avni Singh, and the Chief of the Volzite Army, Vadarius King. Though there is high speculation regarding the skills and strength of the opposition contender, it is highly speculated that he would be one of their best warriors, not only due to his designation, but also because he is reserved since the beginning as the final contender, and is the younger brother of the ruthless alien King who aims to eliminate our species.

While Avni Singh was last seen talking more amiably to Vadarius King than anybody else in her remarkable speech after her first victory, it is yet to be seen how they face off against each other on the field. It is also noteworthy, that Vadarius was responsible for training human contenders, but was dropped from the role midway due to some emergency hospitalization.

Viewers are both terrified and excited to see today's duel, as their fate rests in the hands of today's winner. People are seen praying relentlessly, and even betting on how the outcome of this event will turn out. Will Avni Singh sweep the floor with another trick up her sleeve this time, or will she knock her contender out with one strong punch? Or will she ultimately crumble under the pressure and let her species down by taking the easy out for herself and her family? And the biggest unasked question in minds of everyone, what if she loses this duel despite her best efforts?

All we can do is speculate as we pray for her clean sweep victory. Everyone will wait with baited breaths for the next hour to witness what will be the fate of humanity at the hands of a ruthless alien and a peacemaker?

________

Avni takes a deep, long breath that turns into a stuttering sigh as she exhales and shuts her eyes. The image of warm eyes, smoldering with flicks of crimson, flash in her mind's eye, easing her anxiety and calm her thundering heart and sizzling nerves. It's amazing how one night turned around her whole perspective towards the finale duel. She straightens her shoulders and holds her head high, hands lightly brushing over the sheath with the royal dagger at her waist to reaffirm its comforting presence. She is finally ready to face the world, calm and confident in the knowledge that all she has to do today is enter the arena and give her best fight.