Chapter 38

"Mom, I'm home." Lisa said. She knows her parents are already at home because the car that they usually used is parked at their garaged.

"Hello sweetie. How's your day? By the way, why haven't you gone home yesterday? I was worried about you." Her mom said as soon as the latter saw her.

She went to her mom and hugged the woman.

"I had an unexpected sleep over at Jennie's place." She answered.

"At Jennie's? I thought you weren't in good terms." Mrs. Manoban said. All she knows was that the two girls weren't in a good terms. Lisa never mentioned that they're already friends again.

"We weren't but now we're good. We talked last night and this morning. Everything went well and I kind of found out why she avoided me. And mom, I'm going to court Jennie. I want you to support me with it, will you?" Lisa said to her mom.

"Yes, of course but can you tell me why she avoided you? I was really curious because you both were just doing fine and then she suddenly started doing it."

"Mom, actually...." She stopped midway. She was hesitant whether she'll say it or not. But she kind of feels like she have to tell her mom. They'll find out eventually anyway. So she had to tell her mother if she wants them to support her plans related to Jennie.

"What is it?"

"Jennie's pregnant." Lisa admitted and she bit her lower lip afterwards. Mrs. Manoban gasped at her surprise. She wasn't expecting that it was what Lisa would say.

So, Jennie is pregnant but her question is that who is the father? And if that is the case, why would Lisa still want to make Jennie her girlfriend unless, it's her child? Or maybe she just got it so bad that she don't give a damn.

"Did I hear it right? Can you repeat it?" Mrs. Manoban said because she wasn't sure if she heard it right.

"Remember that night when we went to Jackson's party? Something kind of happened but she don't remember anything at all because we were drugged. Kai drugged the both of us. I-I think he put aphrodisiac on our drinks. I don't know.." She explained while rambling.

"So you mean...." Her mom's jaw almost dropped when she realized what Lisa was trying to say. She can't believe it.

"Yeah, I-It's my fault mom. If only I was careful that time then I could've protected her. Something like that wouldn't have happened if only I didn't trust Kai that time. Mom, Jennie's just nineteen for Christ's sake. She's too young to be a mother but mom I want to stay by her side. I love her and even just from now, I already love the baby too. I'll take responsibility." She said and buried her face.

"Look, you already said that Kai drugged you. It wasn't your fault dear. Look honey, he's the bad guy here not you, we'll support Jennie alright? We'll take care of her and the baby. We love what you love. In other words, we love Jennie and the baby because you love them too. Don't worry sweetie, me and your dad won't judge you. We will let you decide whatever you want with your life as long as it doesn't do bad to you. Whatever decision you make, we'll just be here to support and to guide you." Her mother said and hugged her again. The woman rubbed her back to soothe her.

"Thank you so much mom. I can't imagine a life without you. I love you mom" Lisa said and kissed her mom's cheeks multiple times.

"Hey stop that, you have to be mature already." Her mom said and giggled.

"I'm going to be Nouvelle's dada." She said and smiled from ear to ear.

"Nouvelle? Is that the baby's name? It's so cute, I like it." Her mom said giddily.