Chapter 1- Explanations and Gypsies

I laughed as I walked out of the bar. Those morons, wine is a drink you can serve. Much better than beer. I couldn't tell if I was pissed or drunk. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and dialed his number, he was going to be even more pissed that I spent our anniversary at the bar without him.

"Hello?" he asked, answering my call.

"It's me, Alice, I'm outside of Nihon. Can you come pick me up, Luddy?" I asked.

"Why are you at Nihon?" he asked.

"Because Chiara and I got into a fight. I'll explain it later, can you please pick me up?" I whined.

"Yeah, I guess. I'll be there in a minute don't go anywhere." he said.

He hung up and I put my phone away. I looked into the bar's window. A man was giving me a creepy stare. I turned around and waited for Luddy to pick me up.

Earlier when me and my older sister Chiara got into to a fight, I wanted to cook for Luddy but she wouldn't let me because she hates him. I yelled at her because I don't treat her boyfriend, Antonio, bad. We yelled a lot and I ran off. I went to the bar closest to our house, Nihon. When the bartender found out I was only twenty he refused to give me anything and said that wine wasn't served there.

"Alice, you coming?" Luddy called from inside his car.

I nodded and sat in the passenger seat. "Thanks." I said.

"No problem. Why did you two fight?" he asked.

I explained it to him. He knew how she didn't like him. After minutes of silence he invited me to spend the night. He said I could sleep in his sister, Julchen's room. I agreed and walked into his house with him.

"Are you hungry? I can make something." he said.

"Nah, where is your sister?" I asked.

He smiled. "Julchen, she is an Internet star. She left a week ago to visit her coworker."

"What does she do?" I asked.

His smiled shifted into a frown. "She is a model and she likes to show off."

I nodded for understanding. "Okay, well I'm going to sleep now. Where is her room?"

"Down that hallway, the second door on the left." he said, pointing behind me.

I thanked him and walked to her room. I locked the door and turned on the light. Her room was covered in pictures of her. She was wearing her long white boots, her blue tail coat, and a white dress that ended to about her thighs in one of the pictures. I sighed and went to her bed. I swiftly fell asleep.

"Alice, I love you, but I have to go. Don't forget me." he said.

"Severin, don't leave. We can stay here, nobody has to ever know about us. I can't imagine tomorrow without you." I cried, letting his hand fall from mine.

"I wish I could, but my grandfather has other plans for me. I need to leave though. I'm sorry, Alice. Forgive me, I love you." he said, his voice hiding the sadness.

He walked off into the darkness, I fell to my knees. Severin was the only one who understood me, I was so shy around him I didn't know how I felt for so long. He had told me for days he was going to leave. I didn't know it would hurt so bad.

I pulled myself together and walked home. Grandpa and Chiara were making dinner. I ran to my room and cried. Why did he have to leave me? That was all I could think about.

Grandpa Arsenius sat with me on my bed. He calmed me down and comforted me. I told him everything that had happened. He knew about my friendship with his enemy's grandchild.