Chapter 6- Puzzle Piece

I dreamt that dream again. This time it was longer. I wanted to be in the dream, just walk in and act like it was my life. In the dream everyone was back to their normal selves.

~In the dream~

Luddy put the infant down for a nap, sending the older boy and girl to bed. He lured me to the bedroom, kissing my lips and tugging my special curl. Luddy threw my dream self to the bed, pinning me down with deep kisses.  He pulled a bouquet of red roses from behind.

I looked around the room, Antonio and Chiara were watching us. Ludwig didn't see them. I shoved him off of me, running to my sister. She faded a tiny bit, then Antonio did. Julchen appeared in the room, the same fading thing touched his sister. Then Kiku.

Ludwig still wasn't seeing them. Luddy tried to bring me back to the bed. I pushed through the crowd growing in our room. I hurried to Julchen's room. The children were in that room, sleeping like the angels I knew they'd be.

The young girl woke up, her light brown hair and blue eyes with amber tints caught my attention. Her brother had dirty blonde hair and amber eyes. She was wearing a Germanic cross and a pink night gown. She sat up and smiled at me.

"Monika." I whispered, unsure how I knew her name.

"Mutti? Where is Vati?" she asked, her voice was so quiet and frail. She looked her father.

"Luddy, he is in my room." I said.

"Luca and Baby Felicia are asleep." she said.

I smiled, she could only be about four. "Yep, do you wanna get something to snack on? Your papa made cookies." I said.

Monika's beautiful young eyes lit up. She squirmed out of her bed, running to my arms. I picked her up and carried her out to the kitchen. A plate of his really tasty German sugar cookies. I handed the cute little girl a cookie and walked her to the couch.

~Out of the dream~

My eyes opened. Luddy looked at me, his stare was worried. He kissed me lightly and sat up. I yawned and got off the bed.

"So are you wanting three kids?" he asked.

I looked at him, my eyes were wide, "Why do you suggest that?"

He smiled, grabbing my hand. "In your sleep you kept mumbling 'Monika, Luca, and Felicia' so do you?" He kissed my knuckles.

"If you put another one, in a few years, in me, I wouldn't mind. Only one." I said, making sure he understood. He laughed and then got off the bed.

"While you were out yesterday, Antonio called. He said Chiara wanted you to visit. So after lunch you wanna go over?" he said.

I nodded. Luddy pulled clothes from his dresser and slowly changed. I couldn't help but stare at his perfect body. I undressed and made my way to the bag my clothes were in. I looked down at my baby bump, I felt so unappealing.

"Alice, are you okay?" he asked.

I looked up from my stomach. "What do you mean?" I asked.

He looked at me, he knew I was playing dumb. "Alice, are you feeling bad about the twins? You look amazing. You know I love you, right? Don't feel like I only want you thin."

I ran at him, still in my underwear. He held me in his arms, giving me a small kiss. He put his hand on the bump and got onto his knees. He rested his head on my stomach, kissing the baby bump. I giggled as his warm skin touch my bare flesh.

"So what do you want to do today?" I asked.

"Well, breakfast. Then we need to go buy baby supplies. They'll be here sooner than you think." Luddy said, standing up.