Chapter 12 - Last Chapter

It was time for Chiara's wedding. Luddy and I had gotten everything ready and handled the current minor problems. The usual out of drinks, more food, crying guests, and worried brides-to-be. Toni's side was filled with: Francis, Julchen, Bella, Tim (Bella's brother), Emily, and strangely Arthur. Chiara's side was made from: me, Luddy, Luca, Monika, Grampa, Roderich, Kiku, and Natalia. Luddy had gotten Grampa to marry them.

It wasn't time just yet for them to say their vows, so I took Monika to see her beautiful aunt. Chi was pacing around the dressing room in her long white gown, her blonde hair was brown again. I tapped her shoulder and hugged her from the back. Monika wobbled away to the mirror to high five her reflection.

"Alice, what are you doing back here?" Chi asked.

"Well, at my wedding I was forced to change in the woods behind Arthur. And it will be years before I can see the insides this room so I figured I'd stop by with your favorite niece." I said letting her go.

She picked Monika up, "Mio Dio, lei ha ottenuto grande."

I smiled, "Si, she has gotten big. Soon you'll have a bambino to play with." I poked Chi's tiny baby bump.

"I won't have the piccolo bastardo for a while." she defended.

I smiled, "Don't cuss around children, Chiara. Monika doesn't need to take after her aunt or father."

Chi rested Monika on her hip, "I'm sure she won't remember every little thing I say. Besides, whats wrong with how I talk?"

"Never mind. So how are you feeling?"

"Nervous, what if this is all a mistake? What if Toni is just being optimistic about all this but inside he is kicking himself? I don't know what to do!" she rambled, holding Monika closely.

"Uscire e dire i vostri voti!" I said, reaching for Monika.

Chi handed her to me and smiled, "Grazie, sorella."

I left the room and hurried to get Monika a basket of flowers to lead Chi in. Grabbing the basket full of roses, I quietly made a prayer for Chiara. After I finished I gave my little bambino the flowers and made a motion for Roderich to play the song. I held Monika's had and helped toss the flowers as Chiara walked down the aisle. I looked up and saw Luddy, Luca, Grampa, and Toni all standing at the alter.

We got to the end of the aisle and I picked Monika up and went to stand beside Luddy. Chi stood next to Toni and in front of Grampa. Chi and Grampa exchanged friendly smiles. Toni took her hand and kissed it softly. I rested my head on Luddy's shoulder.

"Dearly beloved we are gathered here today to witness the matrimonial joining of two people who care about each other. Antonio Fernandez Carriedo and Chiara Vargas, they've invited you all to join them as they commit to the biggest thing in their lives. Antonio, do you take Chiara to be you lawfully wedded wife? Do you promise to love and charesh her, through sickness and in health?" Grampa asked.

Toni grabbed Chi's other hand and looked into her eyes. "I do."

"Do you, Chiara, take Antonio to be yo--" Chiara cut him off.

"I do." she said, smiling at Toni.

"Does anybody have a reason why these two should not be wed?" he asked.

"They better not." Chi hissed looking behind her.

You could see both Tim's and Bella's hands go down. "Then by the power vested in me you may kiss the bride." Grampa said, making Luddy move Luca with their rings.

Toni pulled her veil up and dragged Chi into a long kiss. I started to cry and hugged Grampa for support. I could tell he wasn't to happy about both of his granddaughters having shotgun weddings, but to be fair Toni proposed before she got pregnant. They exchanged rings and everyone cheered.

Antonio picked his new bride up and carried her away from the alter, not leaving her lips alone. "I love you, Mrs. Carriedo." he said as he set her down and kissed her again.

Chiara blushed, "I...love you too, Mr. Carriedo." she gripped tightly onto the bouquet of roses in her hands. All the girl lined up behind Chi and waited for the bouquet to be tossed. I took Monika with them to mess around. Chi tossed it and it landed in the hands of Emily, the normal Emily. Everyone cheered as her eyes quickly darted to Arthur.

A few months down the road, Andre Lovino Carriedo was born. He had looked like Chiara except for his eyes like Antonio. Kiku and Natalia had broken up, she couldn't stand not having Ivan anymore and went insane. Julchen left Vlad after that one night, apparently she doesn't like him talking down to her. But then Arthur proposed to Emily and at their wedding, Julchen got with Matthew for the first time. At the end of that year Kiku was dating Edna.

By three years later, I had given birth to Felica. Emily and Arthur had a daughter named Liberty, and they had a nephew, Alex, from Emily's brother Matthew and his wife Julchen.  Kiku was engaged to Edna and they planned to have a child in a few years. And Chiara and Antonio had  the daughter they wanted years before, Carmen Camilla Carriedo, and yes my niece's initials were CCC. Ivan had come back into town, Luddy had lied about killing him to make me feel safe, and he and Chun-Yan were married. Silvia and Tino also had a child of their own, Margret, Peter's own little sister. 

After Felicia was born, me and Luddy had redone our wedding. Only because the first time we had said them nobody was them-self. The second time as better because Monika and Luca were there and had a better grasp on what they were doing then at Chiara's wedding. Felicia was in my arms the entire wedding. And Andre Lovino got to be a part of it also, Carmen Camilla was still just a bambino. The dream or vision I had about Monika and me eating cookies had happened also.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~

So what did you think? And yes, this is the final chapter of the book.