Chapter Twelve: On My Way

These days were a bit hard ever since the articles

These days were a bit hard ever since the articles. We had to be truly cautious of our actions and words, especially around Jennie. I can't believe the company is using her again to cover up scandals, the fact that I couldn't do a thing about it, pained me. The experience she must go through, she can only take so much. I'm afraid that someday she'll just explode and I'm not gonna be there to help her.

We decided that she stay over to her mother's place, just until the articles die down. In that way, someone can watch over her and of course, nothing is more comforting than being in your mother's arms. I just hope that the articles disappear quickly.

Today, we have decided to resume the friendly date I arranged with Jungkook because we couldn't go the last time as the articles were dropped on us out of nowhere, the company couldn't even be bothered to give us a heads-up. Of course, we had to be with Jennie. She's way more important.

"I'm so nervous," Chaeyoung said from beside me as she applies her makeup, she loved to go to my room and play with my makeup. Sometimes, it annoys me but that's just who she is. I may be the youngest by age, but she really is the maknae.

"Again, not to bring you down but we're not totally sure he'll bring Jimin." I said as I searched my closet for an outfit. Not that I really wanted to look good for them, but I wanted to look good for myself. Like I always do.

"I know, but you know, just what if!" She squeals and checks out herself on the mirror, "Ugh, do I look okay?"

"You look pretty, babe." I said, reassuring her.

I told her to wear something casual since it's just going to be friends hanging out together, if she shows off too much then the boys might get caught off guard, since what we planned isn't really a date. So she decided on a white crop top with leaves and flower details embroidered on the hem, then she paired it with a mustard-colored, high-waisted pants and white sneakers.

For me, I didn't want to stress much with my outfit so I just put on a simple shirt, loose pants, and white sneakers. I wasn't feeling like wearing eye-makeup today as well. So I just put on some BB cream, blush, and lip balm. And I was good to go.

It's not like I didn't think of them as a man, it's more like friend and just that I didn't want to put meanings into things that didn't have anything in the first place. Going there, all dressed up, could cause a misunderstanding.

That, or I'm just over-thinking things again.

We had trouble going down the fire exit since it was dark and nobody used it

We had trouble going down the fire exit since it was dark and nobody used it. The fire exit was located at the back of the building we lived at and it lead to an alley that nobody uses. But we used to use it to sneak out, and we still do. Since the company had access to the building's cctv camera in the lobby to make sure that we stick to our schedule and rules.

Finally, we reached the ground and a black Mercedes Benz was waiting there already. The windows roll down and we see two guys sitting in the front, one guy got out of the front seat and greeted us. We couldn't really identify him since he had a mask and a cap, wore a black shirt and a black leather jacket, with a black ripped jeans.

"안녕하세요, Lisa 입니다." I greeted and he shook my hand.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Park Chaeyoung." Rose said, with high-expectations.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Jeon Jungkook." He said, "And this is..."

The man got out of the driver's seat and jogged towards us, "안녕하세요,

Jung Hoseok 입니다. Nice to meet you."

"Where's Hoseok?"

"Where's Hoseok?"

I asked Yoongi and Taehyung who were in the living room with the tv on but they were on their phones. I take off my shoes panting as I just got home from the gym. "Went out with Jungkook,"

"To the date?" I asked, and the two of them just shrugged. "I thought Jimin was going with him?"

"Jimin got sick." Jin said as he comes out of the kitchen with a tray and a soup on it, "I told that kid to not overwork himself so much."

I sighed and entered the kitchen, taking off my sweaty shirt and opening the fridge to grab a bottle of water. Something vibrates from my pocket, startling me a bit but I take a look at the caller ID.

[Jennie Kim calling...]

Breathing deeply as I thought for a second, "Friends." I mumble before answering it, "Oh, Jennie-yah?"

"오빠," I hear her shaky voice in the background. She sounds like she's crying and scared, "H-Help m-me."

"What? Where are you?" I asked as I ran to the door, putting on someone's hoodie in which I immediately identify as Jungkook's as soon as I smell it while putting it on. I put on my shoes, grabbing my mask and cap.

"I-I'm at home, I... I'm so scared." She sobbed at the other end, "Please hurry."

My heart was beating so fast, and my stomach felt like it was being clenched. "형, where are you going?" Taehyung called out and I wave him off, running outside of our unit.

"Okay, I'm gonna need you to calm down and send me your address." I said, pressing the elevator button repeatedly.

"O-Okay," I can hear her trying to calm down her breathing.

"Jennie-yah, it's okay." I tell her, calming down. Knowing that if I make her feel my anxiousness as well, she might be more nervous as well.

"I'm on my way."