Chapter Seventeen: Not A Man To Me

We arrived at the place and Jung Hoseok was the person who opened the door

"Lalisa!" He greets in the most energetic way as he opened his arms wide for Lisa and she jumps and hugs him.

"Hobi Oppa!" Lisa cheered in her tiny cute voice.

"What a surprise!" He tells her.

"What do you mean? Didn't Jungkook tell you I was coming?" Lisa asked, casually taking her shoes off.

"No, the boy is sleeping. Go wake him up," Hoseok tells her before turning to me and smiled, "Jennie, come in! Come in!"

"Good afternoon," I greet softly and took off my shoes as he closes the door.

"Would you like a drink? It's really hot outside, right?" Hoseok casually spoke, as if we've been friends for so long. Now I see why Chaeyoung and Lisa keep on talking about how friendly he is.

I was about to reply when a large dog came charging our way, making me squeal and yanked Hoseok by the shirt to use him as a shield.

"Bam!" Lisa cheers as she knelt down to hug the dog, "How have you been?"

"Aigoo, you probably haven't met Jungkook's new dog yet?" Hoseok chuckles nervously as he adjusts his shirt back while I stood there, wanting the ground to swallow me.

"No, I'm sorry." I tell him and he laughed, shaking his head.

"It's okay, I had the same reaction." Hoseok answered, assuring me with his bright smile.

"I'm gonna go wake Jungkook up." Lisa announced before leaving me with Hoseok.

"Here," He tells me as he handed me a juice box, "That's all we have. We can get so busy that we forget to store our fridge."

"Oh, so you personally buy your own groceries?" I asked as we walked towards the living room.

"No, we usually send a list to a staff and they fetch it for us. But we were so busy lately, even making a list seems like a difficult job." I nodded along as I look around.

The interior was nice. It was modern yet minimal. The place was wide and spacious, and no signs of Kim Namjoon at all.

 The place was wide and spacious, and no signs of Kim Namjoon at all

I ran down the hall with Bam beside me. I've been here before to hang out with Jungkook, nothing suspicious. We're just two friends hanging out. Sometimes, he'd teach me how to play games on his gaming computer and sometimes, we'd watch a movie.

Sometimes, we'd gossip to each other and there was a time when I told him I used to hate him then he explained that he used to be scared of looking at girls because some fans might speculate.

I twist the knob and immediately found him sleeping under the blankets. "You, stay here." I tell Bam as I enter the room and left him inside.

Chuckling to myself as I thought of an evil idea. I hop and landed on top of him with a loud "Kya!" I laughed as I hear him groan under the blanket.

His head pops out of the blanket as he looks at me with his eyebrows furrowed.

"Get up!" I tell him with a big smile and I was supposed to push myself up when his arms trapped me on top of him. "Yah! Let me go!"

"Lalisa," He says, making me freeze. "Do you know how dangerous it is for you to go into a man's room? Let alone, join him on his bed?"

"W-What are you talking about?" I stuttered, taken back by this new attitude. Is this Jungkook when he wakes up? "You're not a man to me."

"I can change that." He crunches up but I cover his mouth and push his head back down on the bed before he can do whatever he wanted to do.

I know this game he's playing. Playing with the strings and checking if you can cross the line between friendship to something more. Of course, I know. I created it.

"You will not change that. We're friends and we're not changing that, you got that?" He tilted his head and gave me a playful look, "Do you understand?"

He nodded and I was about to let go when I felt his tongue swipe across my palm.

"Argh! Disgusting!" I wipe my hand on his blanket as I pull away, leaving him laughing. "Hurry up, I brought Jennie unnie."

"Oh? Really? Let me just go wash up." He pushed the covers off him and my eyes raked down on his naked torso. What a work of art.

He wore nothing but gray sweatpants and his abs were on full display, even his tattoos look hella attractive. If I could take a picture of this view right now, I'd frame it and sell it online. I know for sure, I'd make billions out of it. Shirtless Jeon Jeongguk would beat all of the other art in a gallery, just the beauty of this view.

He stood up and walk past me but not before saying, "I caught you staring."

- - -
A/N:

I know this is a lot to ask, but please leave a comment if you're enjoying the book so far. I'm still not contented with the story and have the urge to re-write again :<

Thank you so much for being patient, I will try to keep this updated as I can.

Much love,
R❤️