Chapter 1: Getting to know each other

Dream and Michael laid allagainst the obsidian walls

against the obsidian walls.

Michael nervously fiddled with the strap of his multicolored backpack as the man besides him ate the snacks hastily. "So... why did they actually leave you here?" The young boy asked, reaching into his bag searching for something.

"They said I was insane. Which I was, but I just wanted to get out of here." Dream said with a full mouth, "Sorry," He swallowed his mouthful and starts speaking again. "I would say I was insane in general, even before I was in prison.

I was corrupted by power and control. I just wanted the SMP to be one together, no fractions, just one big family. Another half of me also wanted to see chaos. I was just confusing myself." Dream hears scribbling after talking. He turns his head towards Michael, who was currently writing down most of everything.

"Woah, woah, woah!! Why are you writing it down!? You're not going to show the other's, right?" Dream panicked. "Look kid, if you show my thoughts to them, they won't care or... OR they'd kill me for talking to you. It's more likely that you'll be showered with mercy and I'll be dead." Dream flinched when Michael placed his hand on his shoulder.

"Look, Uncle Dream," Michael started, "I won't ever show this to anyone. I just feel like this is something to document just in case. People are most likely to destroy all the books about you, your statue, and forget about you." The teenager breathed. "You're a part of history and I don't want to forget you."

Dream calmed down chuckled, "Sapnap taught you good." Michael smiled heartly. "Speaking of Sapnap, you said your his son? Along with Karl and Quackity being your other dads?" He asked. "Yeah! They adopted me though. I'm glad I'm their son." Dream sighed.

"Keep on loving them." Dream said as he closed his eyes. They stay in comfortable silence for awhile, just thinking about what each other said. "Uncle, do you have any one you love? Like, romantically..." Michael asked unconsciously. "I-" "Oh um- Sorry, you don't need to answer..."

Dream thought. Did he have anyone he loved?

There was George and Fundy.

"O-Or, you could say people you loved as family..."

Family.

"Family, huh.." Dream mumbled. "I loved everyone in my.. erm, in the SMP. The SMP was my family. Until fractions and wars started." Dream said, scratching the side of his neck. "This mask," Pointing at the half broken mask that was stuck to his face. "Is what your dad, Sapnap, and other uncle, George, gave me at the start so you could say they were my family as first.

Michael looked down, feeling down. "I don't think you're the villain..." "What..?" "You're not a bad person, Uncle." The young boy said, tightening his grasop on the strap of his backpack. "Yeah, you caused chaos, somewhat became a tyrant, and manipulated a child... Uncle Tommy," He paused, taking a deep breath, "But you just wanted a family."

"I guess so..." Dream sighed, "You could say I was hungry for love." "Hungry for love?" "Mm. Before I met Sapnap and George, I was always trained. Training everyday, every hour. It wasn't what I really wanted. The people that trained me were assholes." "Language.." Michael mumbled, getting it from his grandpa. "Sorry," The older male continued, "The first time I received real love was when I met Sap and George. They promised they'd stay with me all the way till the end."

Dream hears sniffling, "Are you crying?" He said as he turned to his nephew. "S-Sorry, I get emotionally emotional." "That doesn't even make sense." They both laugh it off, Michael wiping his tears away as they did.

They talked and played games until it was 5pm. "I should go, my dads and other people would probably wonder why I haven't been around the SMP." Michael said as he packed up, Dream helping. "Sorry... Uncle." Dream chuckled. "It's alright, Kiddo. I don't want my little buddy to get in trouble." Michael smiled gleefully, 'Little buddy!' he thought. "Here are a few more snacks just in case. I came very prepared." "Thanks kid."

Michael was just about to go through the portal, "Wait, Mike!" "Hm?" The younger male turned to look at his uncle. "Please, take this back and keepnit somwhere safe. When it comes to the time, show it to your fathers and everyone else." Dream said, handing the boy a L'Manburg and Dream SMP flag themed book that had 'Memories' engraved on the cover.

"You can read it first if you want to."
"Alright!! And um... also..."
Michael stepped away from the portal and grabbed Dream's hands. "Are you sure you don't want to escape yet? It's been... years and this is your chance to." The boy said. Dream sighed. "This... this is where I belong. Away from the happiness. I don't want to cause anymore chaos if I do decide to go out." Michael sadly looked down, Dream noticing this. "But... maybe I'll go out and build a house somewhere else. Just to make you happy." Dream gave Michael a convincing smile.

Michael sighed, "Okay, I'm good with that. As long as you get to be outside and not here." He lets go of his uncle's hands and walks over to the portal.

"Bye Uncle Dream!! I'll come back tomorrow!"
Michael waved as he began to disappear."

"See ya, Mike. Thank you again."

The purple waves make a glass shattering sound, signaling that Michael had broken the portal just so that there was no evidence left around. Dream started to walk back to the main cells. How did he even get to the entrance? All of the Redstone in the prison begun to rot and break away.

Sam did let Dream roam the rest of the actual prison, the lava that left Dream trapped was blocked away and a real bridge was built. The prisoner was able to walk back and forth from his main cell to the smaller cells then to Sam's office.

Luckily for Dream, there were chests filled with potatoes and few cooked meets. Other else than food, the smaller cells actually did have beds so he stole one and place it in his cell.

And for company?

He had Michael.

But Patches found a way in. She was the only friend Dream had until now.

Now he has two best friends.