32.

Romelo...

I laid my head on Larrae's stomach, feeling her kick on my cheek. Larrae was due in three weeks, but Dr. Harris says she could go into labor any minute. "I wish you would come out already, I want to hold and love you." I said kissing her stomach. "You can hold and love me until then." I heard Larrae's voice vibrate. " I already do," I said holding both of her hands.

"I know." She let go of one of my hands and played with my hair. "You need another haircut," she said pulling on it. "Ouch." I haven't had a haircut since I first cut it, that was over a year ago. She pushed off of her stomach, and I fell to the floor, hard. "The fuck was that for?" She held on to her stomach, and yelled in pain. "What's wrong? Did your water break?" I looked down, and didn't see any type of liquid. "I'm fine... just having pains again." She said breathing in and out.

I couldn't sleep that night. Larrae had me worried that something was going to happen. I sat up, watching her as she tried to sleep. For the past few hours she has been groaning in pain, and they don't ever last this long. I finally thought I should take her to the hospital. I slipped her on some sweatpants and didn't bother with anything else. "Where are we going?" She said as I picked her up. "Were going to the hospital." She didn't argue as I laid her down in the backseat.  I tried to keep the speed limit on the way there. I felt like I was moving so slow. I was eager to find out if anything was wrong.

They sent her to a delivery room, and said Dr Harris should be here in a few minutes. "How are you feeling?" I asked holding her hand. "Terrible." I heard the door open, looking up to see Dr. Harris. Without saying anything, he performed another ultrasound. Larrae began to breathe heavily, holding my hand even. I looked at the screen, she was moving wildly. "I think she may be ready to come out of there." He said turning the screen off. "I'm not due for three weeks!" Larrae yelled breathlessly. "Well she's ready now. We're going to have to endure your pregnancy. " I smiled in excitement, I felt like I could jump around.

She was seven centimeters dialated. The further the baby got, the more pain it caused Larrae, and the tighter she held my hand. I felt like it wasn't even there. "Your almost there baby, you'll be okay." I said kissing her cheek. "Almost isn't close enough." More time went by and she was now fully dialated. "On three I'm going to need you to push, confirmative?"

"Confirmed!" Larrae screamed. "One, two three!" She closed her eyes and began to push, I even closed my eyes.

And I kept them shut, until I heard that cry that was like music to my ears. Dr. Harris handed me a pair of scissors,  and I cut her umbilical cord. They wiped her off, and wrapped her in a blanket, then handed her to Larrae. I smiled at her, she looked so precious. "What would you like to name her?" One of the nurses aksed.

I looked at Larrae, "Maven Bellé Amour August."

Larrae and to stay in the hospital until she was able to walk again. Larrae rested, and I was up with Maven most of the time, I like to call her May. She felt so tiny, but I loved holding her. I also fed her, and changed her diapers. At first I didn't know what to do, but one of the nurses showed me how, and eventually, I got the hang of it. "Hey,"  I heard Larrae say. Her voice sounded hoarse, and she looked so tired. I handed May to Larrae and she held closely to her chest. "Has she opened her eyes?" She asked quietly. "Twice, not for long, though." I answered happily. Larrae decided to breastfeed her, which was kind of interesting to watch. "You're such a creep." Larrae said.

I held May as Larrae tried to walk around, though she was kind of limping. "I feel like I don't even have a vagina." She said sitting back down on the bed. I laughed, and it startled Maven awake. This time she kept her eyes open. "Her eyes are open." Instead of making Larrae move I moved next to her. We both stared at her as she kept us content, but once was interrupted by Dr. Harris. "I came to see how you and the baby were doing." He said speaking to Larrae. "We're doing fine."

He informed us both on a few different things, and what not. After he and Larrae talked about something else, he told us we were allowed to go home. We didn't have a car seat with us, it was at home. Larrae held May as I drove home. She would giggle every once in a while, making me smile. I honestly couldn't feel anymore happier.

"Well somebody shitted." Larrae mumbled. Larrae left to go change her diaper. I sat on my side of the bed, and pulled out my journal and began to write...

I finally got to hold my baby girl. She was so little and precious. We named her Maven Amour, but I like to call her May. She opens her eyes ever so often, but never keeps them open for long. We originally wanted to just name her Bellé Amour, Italian for 'Beautiful Love', but some how we got to Maven. Larrae loves that name, she thought it was smart.

I sat my pen down, not knowing what else to write. I looked to my side, seeing Larrae holding May in her arms, gently rubbing her. "I didn't mean to disturb you."

"You don't disturb me, you motivate me." I looked at May, she never fails to fill me with excitement. I took her from Larrae's hands and she went to the bathroom. "I wish I had more of you, but that's okay, I'll just get Larrae pregnant again." I whispered to her, like she understood anything I was saying. "What did you say?" Larrae yelled. "Nothing!"

"Don't tell mommy."

I've never heard of Maven, interesting. (@blaccxdiamond)

Boring.