Showmance

Sabrina is at her locker as she notices Finn and Quinn speaking as Rachel was eavesdropping.

QUINN: We are in line to be the most popular kids in the school over the next couple of years.

FINN: Yeah, I know. 

QUINN: Prom king and queen. Homecoming court royalty. I am not giving up those shiny crowns just so you can express yourself.

FINN: Look, you're making too big a deal out of this.

QUINN: Okay. Let's compromise. If you quit the club, I'll let you touch my breast.

FINN: Under the shirt?

QUINN: Over the bra.

FINN: No. No, I can't.

[QUINN scoffs.]

FINN: I want to do Glee. I'm really happy when I'm performing.

QUINN: People think you're gay now, Finn. And you know what that makes me? Your big gay beard.

FINN: Look. I- I gotta go to class. Okay? Just relax. Everything's gonna work out.

[FINN closes his locker and exits.]

QUINN: (To RACHEL) Eavesdrop much? Time for some girl talk, man hands. You can dance with him. You can sing with him. But you will never have him.

RACHEL: I understand why you'd be threatened. Finn and I have made a connection. But I'm an honorable person. I don't need to steal your man. I have plenty of suitors of my own. Every day Glee's status is going up, and yours is going down. Deal with it.

Suddenly she gets slushied.

Sabrina: Don't worry, Finn hasn't shown any signs that he likes her. If you feel like he's slipping you can join we need new members anyway.

Quinn: You know I'm not doing that. 

Sabrina: Worth a shot. Just be prepared to sing background vocals. TA TA!

In the Choir Room 

The Glee Club is singing and dancing to "Le Freak" by Chic. Mr Shue encourages them as they perform.

Mr Shue: Energy, guys! It's disco. Good with the hands. John Travolta hands. All right. We're freaking out. Let's go. And up and out and down. Good. Good. Good. Good, guys.

RACHEL kicks out her leg while dancing, coming uncomfortably close to MERCEDES' face.

MERCEDES: Whoa, whoa! Hell to the nah! First of all, you try to bust my face again, and I will cut you! And, also, this song is terrible.

Mr Shue : No, no, no. It's not the song. You guys just need to get into it.

KURT: (annoyed) No, it's the song. It's really gay.

ARTIE: We need modern music, Mr. Schue.

Mr Shue : I'm sorry, guys. We don't have time to discuss this. We're doing this song this Friday at the pep assembly.

TINA: In front of the whole school?

Mr Shue : Exactly.

KURT: They're gonna throw food at us. And I just had a facial.

RACHEL: I'll press charges if that happens.

Mr Shue : Guys. I can't express to you how important this assembly is. We need recruits. There are six of you. We need twelve to qualify for regionals. We have no choice or the club is over. I know you guys don't like this song, but we took nationals back in '93 with "Freak Out." It's a crowd-pleaser. Trust me. From the top.