4

~six months later~

I awaken as the lights blast my eyes. I groan and sit up. Today is supposedly a big day for my training. I haven't seen James in a week.

I say,"I'm not doing this."

Pierce's voice says,"You will. Or I'll kill you."

I exclaim,"WE HAD A DEAL!"

Pierce says,"I have thought it over and have decided to counter that deal."

I reply,"WINTER SOLDIER IS SUPPOSED TO BE HERE! That was the deal. I WANT TO SEE HIM! NOW!"

Two Hydra soldiers come in and I quickly take them down and snap their necks.

I say,"Give me GHOST!"

A group of Hydra soldiers come in and they surround me. I begin fighting them and two raze me but I fight through it and rip the tasers out. I wrap the cords around their necks and yank down strangling them. I will not die here.

They struggle before going limp and I take down the rest. I stand panting and grab knives off of two of the soldiers before I run out the open door. I see more Hydra agents coming towards me. With a yell of anger I charge towards them, I fight through the entire line and am covered in blood and perspiration.

I see a lone figure shrouded in shadow at the end of the hallway and I see the glint of silver and know it's James. I take a step towards him and suddenly electricity flows through my body.

I scream in pain and it triples. My body convulses on the ground and I scream louder. James' boots come into view and he rips the tasers out of me. My body continues to convulses as the residual electricity flows through my body.

I stutter,"J-J-Ja-a-ame-ames."

He looks at me and places his forehead against mine.

He says,"I'm here, Ava."

He holds me til my twitching stops and Hydra soldiers surround us.

He says," Today is a big day for you. Let's get through it."

He picks me up and carries me to a room. A door opens as he sets me on my feet and I look at him. He nods and I walk into the room. The door shuts behind me and I look around the room. Loki's staff is there and I know something is going to happen.

The stone comes out and floats towards me. A blinding flash comes from the stone and the two thoughts passing through my mind are James and my brother. A silhouette encased in silver and black floats towards me and her forehead touches mine. I collapse as darkness takes over my mind.

~An hour later~

I awaken in my bed and see James leaning against the wall across from the foot of my bed. I scramble to the foot of the bed and launch myself at him. He catches me and I cling to him.

I say,"I thought I was gonna die."

James holds me and he buries his face in my neck. I've missed him. I've missed him so much. It's been months in here. I don't know how many months have gone by. But James is the only thing keeping me from giving up. I can't keep this up for much longer. Pierce comes in and James pushes me behind him.

Pierce says,"It's time for you to go into your next phase."

James says,"She needs to rest."

Pierce says,"I didn't ask for your opinion. Now, move."

James stays firm and I place my hand on his shoulder.

I say,"If I have to, I will be just fine."