2

*Gary's POV*

My life gets crazier day by day. Last week I got engaged to the love of my life and now I am on my way home from a meeting with the boys. The boys as in Mark, Howard and Jason. Well, we had a meeting in London last week too, but that was more a kind of a 'boys night out' where we kind of got drunk and in that same state decided to get back together. However, this meeting today was serious. A serious meeting about going back on tour. After discussing all the points for nearly half a day we decided it: Take That are back.

I smile to myself as I am excited to see Sophie's reaction to the fact that her husband-to-be won't be sitting at home useless, but he will be back working like a man should be. My heart jumps from joy as I realise that I'll be able to give her the best life possible. Well, I am able to do that now too, but it's always a good feeling to work. I just love her so much.

I look at the time and realise that I should be at home in about an hour, which means that Sophie should be at home when I get back. I decide to take her out and quickly dial her number. Nothing. She doesn't take the call. I try again and again, but nothing. My stomach turns around and I fear the worst. What if something happened to her? No...Please...No... I race back home.

My heart sinks further down when I drive up the long driveway towards our mansion. I can't see her car. Something must have happened to her. I try her phone again. Still nothing. I text her, but I don't get a response. I quickly get outside my car and inside the house but all I'm met with is silence.
"Sophie?!"
Silence. Deafening silence. I can feel that something is very wrong.
Suddenly I see that all her jackets and shoes are not where they're supposed to be. I quickly go upstairs into our bedroom. Nothing. I open our draws. Nothing. All her things are away. Tears fill my eyes, as I don't understand what is going on. I need answers. I search everything for at least a hint of what happened.

I get to the kitchen and suddenly see a note and her engagement ring on the kitchen island. Tears stream down my face as I take the ring into my hand and read the note.

"My dearest Gary,
Before you continue to read this, please know that this is the hardest thing I ever did, because I love you. I really do, did and will, forever. It pains me to slip my ring of my finger, as it's the best symbol for our love, but I can't leave knowing how much money you spent on it, when it's actual use won't come down. It pains me to leave, but I have to. I can't tell you the reasons, but I mean it when I say I love you.
Forever yours,
Sophie."

"No!" I sink down and cry. Cry like I never did before.